16 Apr 24, 04:20 am » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Neasa Lawley: Champion of Hibernos  (Read 18792 times)

Fiverine

• Developer
  • Demi-God
  • Repairer of Reputations
    • View Profile
Re: Neasa Lawley: Champion of Hibernos
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2020, 06:46:08 am »
A most majestic creature whose aid I desperately be needin' has given me a task with which to prove m'self.  It sounds fairly straightforward, which is always a fair sign it's anythin' but.  There is a lot ridin' on this, which is yet another forgotten and unfinished tale the Golden God has chosen me to finish.  It's important to me personally, as well as to the region.  I've lost almost all faith in the local court, and this is the only solution t'that I can see now.  But if things go the way I hope it will change both me and the Swords profoundly.  I may have t'go my own way if the Swords don't like what I propose.   

I have no idea what t'expect in this hunt.  The Blasphemer himself could await me.  I'm not afraid o' anything.  I confronted Menner and the One without flinching after all... but that does not make me invincible.  I need help.  There is only one person I know I can completely trust on this, and that is Tenshi.  Fjord and Aardyn are gone.  There are a few others I think I can trust, and a few outright dossers I can't risk being anywhere near this.  Better to try and fail alongside the right people than succeed with those who will abuse a victory, I suppose. 
"I just can't take no pleasure in killing. There's just some things you gotta do. Don't mean you have to like it."

Fiverine

• Developer
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2020, 06:27:06 am »
At last, success be flowin' my way again.  We completed the task the great dragon set for me: to bring back a steed he once in error gave to Dacethar the Blasphemer.  Tenshi and Belorfin were the only people I felt I could completely trust, and they repaid that trust in spades. 

The horse had taken up residence near a village called Bayfalls, which the fallen Knights o' the Eternal Flame had once ravaged.  They saw my knightly livery and were immediately afraid.  I did my best t'put them at ease, and told them the horse could obviously tell if I had come in good faith for not, since it could tell that Dacethar was a dosser and bucked him right off.  We had to fight our way through a few packs o' orcs to find the horse, and I was grateful for the aid o' my allies.  We found a portal that was spawning mist-swathed orcs, presumably from the depths o' the Great Mine.  Belorfin destroyed it on the way back, but we all pondered who had put it there and why.

The horse accepted me, despite my doubts, and agreed t'let me ride it back to Bayfalls.  They were saddened that the magic steed would be leaving their area, though I promised that we would return.  Knights have treated those people terribly, and I must put that right somehow.  Now I just await the dragon's return, and hope that he will agree to relight the Eternal Flame f'me.  And then, I must take the next step to oul' Bresbane and hope he doesn't call me an eejit. 

Speakin' o' dragons, I met a new half-dragon in Hadrian today.  A silver one, name o' Alauriel.  With her silver hair and winged silhouette for one moment I thought it was Teuivae standin' at the side o' the pond.  Alauriel's got a very nice personality, fresh and positive.  But she's got very little inklin' about her heritage, and seemed just a bit lost.  She's workin' for House Reschotti, which seems a strange place for the progeny o' a metallic dragon.  Perhaps my gold friend will have some advice 'bout what she can do. 

I haven't seen Zahirra a few days.  Been wantin' to talk to her about the bounty the Church placed upon her fella Sjach.  She's probably right pissed at me for not just lettin' that matter die.  As if I could.  But Alauriel said Zahirra's really busy at the moment.  Zahirra's always deadly busy, so I'm not sure if it's even possible for her to be more busy than normal.  Maybe Zahirra's just got the shites with me and doesn't want t'see me no more?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 06:36:22 am by Fiverine »
"I just can't take no pleasure in killing. There's just some things you gotta do. Don't mean you have to like it."

Fiverine

• Developer
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2020, 10:21:31 am »
The Eternal Flame burns once more!  The elves o' Nualla'n and the great dragon honoured their words t'me and did as they said they would.  Unfortunately my hopes that the other Swords o' Everlasting Light would share my inspiration in this moment did not come t'pass.  It looks like defendin' this place will fall to me and my allies outside the Swords.  What this means for my future in the Swords, I am not sure just yet. 

I have heard rumours 'bout something stirrin' at the ruins o' the liche's enclave around the time the flame was relit.  Perhaps Dacethar or his fallen fellows have awoken.  If so, I imagine they will be comin' for me and the Flame soon.  Tenshi will help me f'sure, maybe Belorfin and General Elanor too.  Hard not t'think o' the many others I wish were still here to face the comin' tide with me... Fjord, Aardyn, Lycaria, Shi, Oscar, Teuivae, Moose, Koi, Arthur...  and my comrades in the Swords.