18 Apr 24, 22:44 pm » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Letters to the Church of Ilmater, Farenway Enclave  (Read 6647 times)

Fiverine

• Developer
  • Demi-God
  • Repairer of Reputations
    • View Profile
Letters to the Church of Ilmater, Farenway Enclave
« on: May 05, 2020, 08:15:15 am »
Dear Exalted Sufferer

I have made landfall safely in the Lower Netheril settlement of Hadrian as instructed.  Thine judgement in sending me here was entirely astute.  This is a city of much misery.  I have vainly sought out my predecessor Sister Silias and can only assume her dead, missing or worse.  We both know she would never willingly abandon her mission.

The people here have endured much hardship and I have already found many injured workers to preach the Broken God's good word to.  For the time being, a lectern at the local drinking house must serve as my pulpit.  There are two charitable institutions here: Harvest Moon, apparently overseen by a knightly order, and Silver Shield.  The latter is a rather unsettling place bearing the trappings of a cult as much as a charity.  I assure thee I shall investigate both to ensure they are serving the needs of the people honestly. 

Give my blessings to my Adorned brothers and sisters,

Sister Sindi Mbatha
"I just can't take no pleasure in killing. There's just some things you gotta do. Don't mean you have to like it."

Fiverine

• Developer
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
Re: Letters to the Church of Ilmater, Farenway Enclave
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 11:53:01 pm »
Dear Exalted Sufferer

I have wonderful news for thee.  There is a vacant chapel within Hadrian which the city has given me permission to make use of under certain conditions.  They require me to obtain a relic of the Broken God, then presumably will allow me to purchase or hire the building.  I have begun searching these lands for a local item which will bear some relevance to these people.

The enclave above Hadrian, Valstiir, seems to be experiencing some sort of turmoil.  Currently it seems confined to the bowels beneath the citadel ("the Shelf" as the locals call it).  I expect a rise in unrest from this matter, and will do my utmost to aid any in need.

Sister Sindi Mbatha
"I just can't take no pleasure in killing. There's just some things you gotta do. Don't mean you have to like it."

Fiverine

• Developer
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 03:56:05 am »
Dear Exalted Sufferer

In order to raise funds for our church in Hadrian, I have opened a stall to sell discounted healing supplies to both civilians and adventurers.  I am stocking it with a combination of items I have recovered from the villains of this region and those I have made myself.  I am told that many adventurers pass through Hadrian, but currently there are very few.  This concerns me, for adventurers often provide both reconnaissance and protection from various threats. 

An adventuring wizard did tell me he saw a grey healer's robe like the one my predecessor Sister Silias wore in the treasure hoard of a crypt in the woods to the east of Hadrian.  Whether it is in fact hers or not, I shall endeavour to retrieve it for it very likely belonged to one of our faith.

Sister Sindi Mbatha
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 07:00:27 am by Fiverine »

Rainman

• Dungeon Master
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 07:30:32 am »
Word of your work is starting to find its way to us. We hope your teachings are being heard in the lands around the town of Hadrian.

Is there anything you need from us?

Revered Father Roberto
Farenway Enclave
Build it and they will come.

Fiverine

• Developer
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 12:53:33 pm »
Dear Reverend

I thank thee for thy reply.  I have been able to take care of my most immediate needs, that of, lodging, money and healing supplies.  However, I need to secure a relic of our faith to prove the viability of a church.

The people of Hadrian have had little exposure to the Broken God's teachings or lore.  Therefore they have as yet been unable to give me any indication of where a local relic of Ilmater may lie.  Is there anything in our Farenway library that mentions Ilmatari holy items in this part of Lower Netheril?  Even rumours and legends may provide me with a starting point.

Suffer thee well, Reverend Brother

Sister Sindi Mbatha

Rainman

• Dungeon Master
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 09:02:42 am »
We have heard word that some archaeologists have made progress on The Hollows. Rumour of a relic located at this site grows each day, which more information obtained via research and items found at the site.

The latest is that a Healing Sponge was lost many years ago and rumoured to be located at the site. The Healing Sponge is a very rare coral that is said to be blessed by Ilmater's Tears held within the sponge.

Revered Father Roberto
Farenway Enclave
Build it and they will come.

Fiverine

• Developer
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 12:52:43 am »
Dear Reverend

I thank thee for this information.  I am aware of this site and will investigate immediately.  Should the dangers prove too great for me alone I shall retreat and seek allies. 

Sister Sindi Mbatha