Nether Years (NY)
Approximately two thousand years into the future, Cormanthyr and Dalesfolk historians recorded details about the Netherese under their own year-system of Dalereckoning (DR). A fair amount of lore is recorded in this system, so if you wish to translate from DR to NY you simply add 3859 to the DR date.
1st Millennium (0 NY to 1000 NY)
|0||Alliance of Seventon||- The town's of Seventon confederate into a single state.|
- NY(Nether Years) originates as the empirical measurement of years.
|14||Netherese Learn The Arcane||- The Eaerlanni elves open diplomatic channels with the Netherese.|
- The Netherese learn the arcane art from the Eaerlanni.
|Netheril Naming||- The confederation of Seventon is renamed Nether's Land in association with its charismatic leader Nether The Elder.|
- Nether's Land soon adapts to Netheril as the established name.
|204||Orc Incursion||- The Netherese and Rengarth ally with Illefarn and Eaerlann forces to repel an orc invasion from the Spine of the World.|
- Netheril absorbs large parts of the Rengarth tribal land from the weakened Rengarth.
|307||Netherese Enslave Gnomes||- The Netherese begin to enslave the rock gnomes living in the hills nearby.|
|326||Discovery of the Nether Scrolls||- The Finder discovers the Nether Scrolls within the ruins of Aryvvandaar.|
- The secrets unlocked from them in the preceding years accelerates the Netherese's study of the arcane.
|364||Congenio Ioun Born||- Congenio Ioun is born.|
|397||First Netherese Magical Item||- Congenio Ioun constructs the first magical item the ioun stone.|
|401||Netherese Discover Delzoun||- Netherese merchants discover the dwarven nation of Delzoun.|
|441||Netherese Construct The Lowroad||- Netherese construct the Lowroad, a trade-route through the upper-layers of the Underdark to connect with the dwarven port city Ascore.|
|544||Ioulaum Is Born||- Ioulam is born.|
|714||War of the Standing Stone Orcs||- Ioulam leads the Netherese defense against an invasion of orc from the Plain of Standing Stones.|
- Harsh punishments and cruel experimentation were enacted on the captured Orcs following the Netherese victory.
Provokes the Orc-Kind purges of the follower years, leading to the deaths of over 140,000 orcs.
|764||Cormanthyrian Theft of the Nether Scroll||- A Cormanthyrian adventuring party steal one set of the Nether Scrolls from the Netherese and hide it away in the depths of Windsong Tower.|
- One of the thieves, a gnome elf-friend named Rilmohx Sha'Qijessir, reads a fragment of one of the Nether Scrolls and is rewarded with a deep understanding of how to cast illusion spells, this knowledge is passed throughout the Gnomish community.
- Post-capturing and interrogating one of the captured thieves and discovering their origin the relations between Netheril and Cormanthyr sour.
|845||Mythaller Invented||- Ioulam invents the Mythaller.|
|848||First Mythaller-Power Magical Item||- Ioulam invents the first item capable of conducting the energy of the Mythaller and gaining magical properties from it.|
|859||Illusk Founded||- The burgeoning human clans of the northern Sword Coast band together under a single leader and found Illusk.|
|866||Xinlenal Rises||- Ioulaum raises the first Netherese Enclave.|
2nd Millennium (1000 NY to 2000 NY)
|1101||High Mages of Netheril Founded||- The Netherese form a magocracy consisting of the major arcanists of Netheril called the High Mages of Netheril.|
|1319||Congenio Ioun Dies||- Congenio Ioun Dies.|
|1370||Untheric Revolt||- Ptah aids the Untheric pantheon in bypassing the Imaskari planar barriers to unite with their followers.|
- Deities of the Untheric breach the Imaskari planar barrier and inspire their worshipers enslaved by the Imaskari to revolt.
- The Untheric War of Divine Revolution begins.
|1371||Imaskar Empire Dispersed||- After a year of fighting the Untheric War of Divine Revolution ends with the Imaskari Empire broken.|
- Lord Artificer Yuvaraj, the Emperor of Imaskar dies.
- Remaining Imaskarian resistance disperses into the surrounding regions.
- Intensity of the conflict results in the area being transformed of the Raurin Desert.
|1372||Refugees From The Desert||- Former Mulan slaves migrate from the Raurin Desert and form Mulhorand and Unther.|
- Imaskari refugees flee to the Underdark taking the Third Imaskarcana with them.
|1387||The Serpent Curse||- The Netherese House of Orogoth constructed a fortified villa in the southern part of High Moor in hopes of procuring the power of the dragons that were known to be there.|
- It is claimed, in legend, that they did obtain it in some way. Their research there also led to the Serpent Curse.
|1378||Deep Imaskar Founded||- Ilphemon, Lord of Imaskar founds Deeper Imaskar within the Underdark.|
|1423||Nether Scrolls Stolen||- A Netherese thief steals 7 of the Nether Scrolls from Iqua-Tel'Quessir.|
- 3 of the scrolls are stored within the Hall of Mists.
- 2 of the scrolls are stored within the Crypt of Hssthak.
- The location of the 2 remaining scrolls is unknown.
|1472||Netherese Release Gnome Enslavement||- The Netherese release of their gnome slaves.|
|1478||Tavhir Assassination||- The Bakkal of Calimshan is assassinated, ending the Tavhir Dynasty.|
|1494||Netherese Northern Scouting||- Netherese scouts begin surveying what is now the Sword Coast North at the behest of Arthindol the Terraseer.|
|1501||Quesseer Founded||- Quesseer is founded to the north of the Sword Mountains, by Arthindol.|
|1559||Raurinese Expansion||- Raurinese refugees continue to expand along the coasts of the Sea of Fallen Stars.|
|Orogoth's Succumb To Serpent's Curse||- House Orogoth and their servants are transformed into snake-like creatures, named Ophidians, as a result of the Serpent's Curse.|
- The Netherese drive them up into the western hills.
|1652||Jeriah Chronos Born||- Jeriah Chronos was born.|
|1680||Vyctoria Valstiir Born||- Vyctoria Valstiir was born.|
|1752||Valstiir Enclave Founded||- Vyctoria Valstiir establishes her own enclave over the Netherese River.|
|Skuld Founded||- The Mulan found Skuld, which later develops to become their capital.|
|1756||Battle of Illusk||- Giant-kin, orcs and goblins descend from the Spine of the World to attack Illusk.|
- Jeriah Chronos and an alliance assemble to try and defend Illusk.
- Illusk is destroyed, however the monstrous alliance is driven back from further conquest.
|House Reschotti Founded||- The Netherese noble house Reschotti is founded by Borik Reschotti with support from Archmage Valstiir.|
|1759||Illuskan Migration||- The surviving Illuskans migrate north, settling into Icewind Dale.|
- Those settling in Icewind Dale eventually become the Reghedmen.
|1764||Jeriah Chronos Dies||- Jeriah Chronos dies from injuries sustained from the Battle of Illusk.|
|Quesseer Abandoned||- The Netherese settlement of Quesseer is abandoned.|
|House Dukarrus Founded||- The Netherese noble house Dukarrus is established as a minor noble house under Archmage Valstiir's instruction to coordinate the establishment of her military.|
|1772||Unthalass Founded||- Enlil gifts his High Priest with a vision of pearls on the coast of Alamber.|
- Unthalass, which would later become the Unther capital, is founded on the sight of the vision.
|1849||House Skettus Founded||- Adventurer Jarren Skettus discovers The Wailing Sphere and accompanied with various other riches, coordinates his resources to found his own noble house.|