Key point for changes to the Pick Pocket system ...
Pickpocket must be in range of their target. They use the normal pickpocket methods.
Pickpocket is presented with a Timing Bar of 60 seconds. All actions must be done within this timing bar. If the timing bar fills, the pickpocket is revealed.
Pickpocket is presented with an inventory of the targets items that match a filter of...
- Can't be bigger than 1x2 or 2x1
- Can't cost more than 2000 gold (NWN Gold items are weird)
- Can't be plot
- Can't be non-droppable
Pickpocket may choose what they take from this.
- Target and Pickpocket roll against each other. Target gets a compounding +20 bonus on any item after the first that the Pickpocket tries to take (subject to adjustment)
- Success means the pickpocket gets the item, no issue.
- FAIL means the pickpocket gets NONE of their targets items, are removed from stealth, and the Pickpocket and target are set hostile to one another with the Target being alerted to the actions.
When the Timing bar is up, Only THEN will items be taken from the Targets actual inventory and deposited into the pickpockets.
Pickpockets can only target a PC once a reset.
Taking the GOLD item from a target will give the pickpocket 2-8% of the targets gold. (Still subject to the rolls mentioned above). The GOLD item... is currently a fish. Will be changed soon, but you'll know it when you see it. Report any feedback, as always friends.
Pickpocket is also disabled from NPCs.