26 Apr 24, 21:23 pm » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barbarian speed  (Read 7530 times)

Necroconvict

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Barbarian speed
« on: April 25, 2018, 09:19:59 am »
So I don't know the very specific details for NWN campaign speed on the pc.  I understand it's a 10% increase, and in the future it might be include armor restrictions.  I haven't seen anything about a weight restriction.

I did get a brief pdf of the 3.5 barbarian for speed.

Fast Movement (Ex): A barbarian’s land speed is faster than the norm for his race by +10 feet. This benefit applies only when he is wearing no armor, light armor, or medium armor and not carrying a heavy load. Apply this bonus before modifying the barbarian’s speed because of any load carried or armor worn.

Of course this is in a system where small races only have a movement of 20ft, instead of the medium creature movement of 30ft.  So a hafling barbarian could move 30ft a 50% increase, while a human could move 40 about a 33% increase.

If the speed will remain at 10%, and the armor restriction will be put in... I'd be happy not getting the higher movement speed bonus as a trade off for not getting hit with a weight restriction, unless overloaded.  I wonder if this has been brought up before, or if anyone else has an opinion on it.

Mortui

• Demi-God
  • Resident Dropbear
    • View Profile
Re: Barbarian speed
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 10:59:18 pm »
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking.

Necroconvict

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 08:12:09 am »
Well neither am I...  I am wondering if anyone has any opinions, or suggestions about barbarians speed.  Currently it's at 10%, and it can be I think in any armor, and any weight load.  In discord I thought it was suggested that the armor restriction of only light, or medium might be put in at some point in the future.

Such as perhaps not putting the restriction in, or possibly trying to increase the speed to like 15/20%.  Any other thoughts or ideas?

FooS

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 01:11:24 pm »
Do you think there is something wrong with the default settings? Seems like one of the most non-controversial class abilities in the game and pretty balanced in its current state.