20 Apr 24, 02:13 am » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Suffer not the Monster!  (Read 4882 times)

Mortui

• Demi-God
  • Resident Dropbear
    • View Profile
Suffer not the Monster!
« on: August 02, 2021, 12:17:26 am »
These pieces of parchment are clearly writ upon in magical ink that possesses a glowing, bold red colour. Worse still, in a flagrant display of magical aptitude, the posters have been enchanted to shout out their contents every hour or so to anyone within earshot. They are only posted in Upper Conch and the Market District..

AusGre

Re: Suffer not the Monster!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 12:29:12 am »
One might see a tiefling taking to these posters, dispelling them and tossing them into the garbage in the Market District.

Mortui

• Demi-God
  • Resident Dropbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 12:34:26 am »
These are replaced rather easily; magic is common. A Tiefling can be seen putting them up, even!

Gmork

• Dungeon Master
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 09:44:50 pm »
[Commoners take note of this here and there. A few heated arguments can be heard in bars and inns around the city. But for now, the majority of the populous remain with their 'If it's not happening to me, it's not my business' attitude.]
"People who have no hope are easy to control"

Mortui

• Demi-God
  • Resident Dropbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 12:51:37 am »
More posters go up, along with a passionately delivered speech over the Proclaimers. These ones seem relegated to the Markets alone, and are doggedly replaced when removed..

Mortui

• Demi-God
  • Resident Dropbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 12:55:13 am »
[The proclaimers voice enters your head as you hear: People of the markets, listen to my words. You know that your district is more affluent than the Slums; but do you know why? It is because you haven't yet given filth like flesh-eating beasts the privilege of living where you do. Rally, and demand the West Netheril Trading Company throws these monsters to the dogs so that you can feel safe at home.
To the Slums, be better. You're a blight on Conch. Throw out the monsters by blade and fire and rejoin the rest of us in an actual city run by Netherese, as it should be. Not coal-skinned Underdarkers.]