27 Apr 24, 17:19 pm » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Xalanthrynia's Journal  (Read 5345 times)

Syclya

Xalanthrynia's Journal
« on: April 19, 2018, 08:56:59 pm »
The journal is a simple thing, bound in dark leather and red twine. A corner of the cover appears to be stained with blood, dull orange having seeped into the pages beneath.

Scratched into the inside of the cover is the word LIAR. Perhaps a message to the reader when they open the book, or perhaps related to its contents... only the author knows.

The first several pages of the book have been ripped away, though small strips of parchment still connect to the spine. It is almost symbolic; a reminder that something exists in the past, but that it was forced out for a reason.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 12:59:06 am by Syclya »

Syclya

Re: Xalanthrynia's Journal
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 09:02:31 pm »
Entry One

Nabethryss is dead. There was no choice in the matter. The seekers would have sent her against me first. I made sure that it was painless, which was probably far better than she deserved. She was always cruel to me. I can hardly blame her; it was the way of the Sisterhood. And I was not stupid enough to give her any advantage in the conflict to come.

By now they've probably found the body, which means they'll start trying to find me, and I won't be where they think I'll be, and they'll realize I've left. There's only one direction to go.

The hunt begins. May the Lady guide my step.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 12:59:35 am by Syclya »

Syclya

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 10:55:46 pm »
Entry Two

I'm surprised that I remember the way. I haven't been up this path since the first year of raids; back when we were sent to die. It has not become brighter yet. That'll be both an advantage and a disadvantage, when the time comes. My pursuers know which way I am going, so I will light the old dwen'del torches and ambush them in the light.

I hear them coming far behind. I shouldn't stop to write... but it is helping me maintain my senses. I must trust in the Lady, that she will guide me to safety, or at least out of the reach of the seekers.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 01:00:06 am by Syclya »

Syclya

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 05:03:51 am »
Entry Three

*A bloody handprint fills the entirety of the page. Below it is written the word or name "LAELYLENE". Two additional, differing handprints follow on the next two pages, with the words "NATHDIA" and "ALAUNIRRA" beneath them, respectively. Writing is found on the fourth page. Drops of dried blood are splattered across the parchment, making it somewhat difficult to read.*

Praise be to the Lady that I have survived. Even if I die now, to have slain three of the Traitor's apostles is no small deed. I let their slave survive. He can bring the news back to the temple; I am sure he will be summarily executed, but it is the most direct way to send the message.

Now it dawns on me that this was the first fight of many to come.

My sisters did not go quietly. But they were not my blood like Nabe, and so they were doomed to defeat as soon as they allowed me to attack first. Nathdia struck me in the arm with one of her poisoned knives. Fortunately for me, she was never good at applying poison, and with luck the dosage will not be lethal. I must find bulbfruit now so I can disinfect the

*The rest of this entry is illegible due to the bloodstains.*

Syclya

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 05:29:25 am »
Entry Four

The worst has passed.

The venom burns, but it is not as bad as the weakness. It will take many cycles for the weakness to leave. Many cycles that I do not have the luxury of sitting around for. The blades were getting too heavy to carry so I tossed them into a ravine. It might throw off the lac'nau - for a time - but they know that I would not simply lay down and die. Not after having come so far. They will follow.

I am getting close. The air has become sweeter.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 05:26:25 pm by Syclya »