24 Apr 24, 19:45 pm » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: An in game bank.  (Read 16318 times)

Eternally_Faithful

• Arcanist
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: An in game bank.
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2018, 03:22:08 am »
The problem to this is, there is only one bank currently in the game, in Hadrian, you become the villan and get exiled, you lose all access, and while im all for actions have consequences, im not fond of crippling the villan entirely.

WarnerIDeni

• Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
An in game bank
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2018, 01:43:52 am »
Haha I know.. Big bank control the game bruh.. Its always been like that.

Aetrion

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2019, 03:58:29 pm »
I don't see any positive in introducing another tedious and inconvenient thing you have to do to the game, like having to take your gold to a bank and having them charge you for it.

Why not a bank that stores a few items for you, so you don't have to always carry around everything you own? That would actually make the game better for people.

Gorga

• Hero
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2019, 05:44:44 pm »
Adding gold encumbrance would make it more realistic.
Rework the bank to make it more user friendly. Accrue interest on gold in the bank, but penalties for early withdrawal.
Add a paid storage area in the bank's basement.

Fiverine

• Developer
  • Demi-God
  • Repairer of Reputations
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2019, 10:09:13 pm »
The encumbrance penalty makes sense to me, but it's going to be hell on my average Strength character.  :-\

Perhaps for a fee the bank could convert your thousands of coins into higher value ones so you're not lugging around so much.  Or a 'money bag' item could be created that reduces the total weight of any coins your character is carrying.
"I just can't take no pleasure in killing. There's just some things you gotta do. Don't mean you have to like it."

Surfing_Turnip

• Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2019, 10:26:40 pm »
Gold encumbrance would be an entirely negative mechanic without a viable alternative imo. Though I like the idea of an in game bank - the current one charges 10% of your gold to do anything with it. That's an insane amount. Players who've worked hard for a year or more could lose 50k+ for no reason. That'd be nuts.

I think at a certain point you have to assume a character isn't carrying all their gold around with them at all times and that it's just a game-play thing. After all, if our characters dress down in casual clothing we don't assume they have their backpack and armour on their backs? It's just mechanics and RP > mechanics.

That said, alternative currency systems can be fun and interesting. Coin weight isn't inherently bad. But it has to be a part of a system that adds features and progression, instead of being only a player-punishing trait. For example, banking and trading systems, where you could earn money with investments, either in a bank with interest or by moving gold to property and selling it at a higher value at a later time or in another place, would make it something that's constructive and fun.