20 Apr 24, 05:46 am » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sorry for stealing  (Read 10273 times)

Keith Side

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Sorry for stealing
« on: April 13, 2018, 03:26:38 am »
Hello,

New Player here (server and game in general).  I've had a rough go of figuring out how the server works and have died quite a bit already.  well just a short while ago I found myself in what I thought was an NPC house and took some things out of a chest.  Turns out I was in a players house.   I tried to explain to the owner who confronted me and I had returned the things to the chest but the owner didn't take kindly and beat me to the ground and made me get naked as I dropped all my stuff to show I didn't have the stuff.

I didn't know I was or even could steal from other players or even how to know if I was about to do so.

Anyway I'm sorry for the theft and the curses I left upon you as i rage quit!

Gmork

• Dungeon Master
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry for stealing
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 04:39:10 am »
I am very sorry this has happened to you. This is not how we want people to be on the server especially to a new player. It's not right. Can you please tell me who it was that did this so I can speak to them. Also, is there anything we can do to help you learn the server better? Please let me know.
DM Gmork
"People who have no hope are easy to control"

Keith Side

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 05:01:01 am »
I appreciate the reply,

No need to drop any names or cause too much trouble over this.  I will read the forums and the wiki some more get things figured out.  This was probably just as much as my fault even if through ignorance.

I feel bad for cursing at the guy and apologize for that.

Just use this as an example of when a guy tells ya he's new and doesn't understand whats up, just explain or even recruit him.

Sazo

• Arcanist
  • "The House Will Prevail."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 02:16:08 pm »
Hey mate, I appreciate the apology but it's not needed I can understand the frustration here.  I apologize if I didn't explain well enough what was going on or if I somehow made you feel as if it was anything personal.  I probably could have been a bit more thorough to avoid such things.  Hopefully this doesn't discourage you from playing here, it's a great community, great server and all around it's the most fun I've had playing a game since I can remember, probably ever.  We hope to see you back in the game in the future and if we do, I'll make sure to bump into you In character and try to help you out so you can better understand what you're walking into and maybe show you around town a bit to give you an idea of what's out there. 

The possibilities in this server are endless.  If you enjoy roleplaying in any capacity you have struck gold my friend. 

All the best, and I apologize for how the interaction went down.  Feel free to message me anytime if you need something or have any questions. 
-Sazo.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:57:51 pm by Sazo »

FooS

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 03:21:56 pm »
If you haven't already, you should hop in the Discord server. Its a very active community of people willing to help get your feet wet.

Keith Side

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 09:05:53 pm »
Thanks Sazo!

No grudges here mate.
Like I said I needed to do some reading. I didn't realize the different factions and houses.  I'm still on the server but started a different Character.  Ill be sure to get on discord and hook up with people.

Sazo

• Arcanist
  • "The House Will Prevail."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 08:34:27 pm »
It wasn't all on you mate.  I could have made sure you understood the rules and what was going on a bit better before I hopped back into character.  Either way, come find me when you get back in and I'll compensate you for the armor and stuff that got left on the ground when you logged out.  I hope you're having a good time here man! 

Drufice

• Noble
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 06:52:24 pm »
Following this... Is thievery a thing? Like... UO style? Is it possible to pickpocket people in NWN?
=Cheers and Beers Kids=

eKross

• Noble
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 07:17:01 pm »
Yes, pickpocketing is a thing. However i think at the moment you can get anything off another player's inventory, so if you steal something that is clearly a DM loot item or something of high importance, i'd recommend trying to rp selling it back to the player or somehow make it able for them to get it back. Should create interesting moments, instead of pure emotional salt.

JoeKickAss

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 09:37:39 am »
Yes, pickpocketing is a thing. However i think at the moment you can get anything off another player's inventory, so if you steal something that is clearly a DM loot item or something of high importance, i'd recommend trying to rp selling it back to the player or somehow make it able for them to get it back. Should create interesting moments, instead of pure emotional salt.

That needs to be fixed. Otherwise pivkpocket is stupidly OP.