18 Apr 24, 04:41 am » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Research: Family Voust (Any dm)  (Read 6156 times)

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
Research: Family Voust (Any dm)
« on: September 17, 2018, 09:25:31 pm »
Butterfly goes to Vasstiir's library after a long time. Silently, she researches for historical records or information about the Voust family and their count. From the current situation in relation to the empire, and about the past too. As well as its common allies or enemies, case cost in records of the library of Vastiir.

Shet seeks beyond the general knowledge of the history of this family, she also researches for names and records of living or dead people of the Voust family, with some historical importance of some relevance.

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
Re: Research: Family Voust (Any dm)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 09:20:26 pm »
//bump

ToxicWrench

• Demi-God
  • Twisting nuts since '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 08:46:46 am »
The Librarian shows her to "Vasacuis’ Monograph of Valstiir", a collection of books written by Vasacuis Luca the IIIrd who is currently a guest at the library.

Spoiler
The Downfall of Noble House Voust.

Dearest Reader,
I am Vasacuis Luca the IIIrd, and this is Vasacuis’ Monograph of Valstiir. Volume One, Issue Four.

We have touched upon the Noble Houses of Valstiir before. The might of Dukarrus’ armies, the vast wealth of Reschotti’s coffers and the limitless potential of Skettus’ artefacts. But I fear there remains but another noble house that has not yet been swallowed up by the empire’s brutality.
That dear readers, is House Voust. Some natives of Hadrian may know the name, for House Voust was a prominent power in the Southern parts of Hadrian for generations. However much like many of the now-extinct Noble Houses, Voust also resisted the Empire’s advancement into Hadrian.

It was the head of Maxwell Voust that initiated the defence of Voust Estate against the Empire around the year 1845. Have you seen the current state of the land surrounding Voust Estate, reader?

If so then I am sure you will notice a vast crevasse that splits the land from east to west, dozens of feet deep, the old stone bridge to the east split asunder? This was Maxwell Voust’s final attempt at repelling an advancing legion of Dukarrus soldiers. You see House Voust was once stockpiled with a great amount of Alchemist’s Fire. It was said that Maxwell himself stood atop the Eastern watchtower to trigger the explosion, but was himself killed by the debris, along with dozens of Dukarrus Legionaries.

But I digress...

Let us focus on the current day; Morgana Voust now heads Voust Estate, signing a treaty with Valstiir that enables her to keep a minor claim to nobility as a Baroness.
In return, the Empire spared what remained of her house and confiscated their entire source of Alchemical Fire, which I am sure now lines the storage halls of Dukarrus’ Garrison.
There was street-talk of Morgana Voust having a brother. But I, Vasacuis Luca the IIIrd do not deal in matters or rumour and gossip, were there a male member in House Voust, he too would have been slain during the rebellion against the Empire.

//Can also be found IG

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 09:11:16 am »
She write down some information in silence.

After this she kindly thanks the librarians and leaves the library.

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 02:56:21 pm »
In a second moment, she decides to return and start to research carefully about the noble house Dukarrus and Reschotti. If the empire is proud of its noble houses, any relationship between these two noble houses with Voust in the past, searching for any important historical fact or any additional information.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 02:57:58 pm by Shantis »