20 Apr 24, 08:41 am » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Diary of Loriana Gloomfang  (Read 10465 times)

granny

• Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
The Diary of Loriana Gloomfang
« on: August 25, 2018, 09:06:00 pm »
S H A D O W S
Keep It All

::..  *  ..::

L O R I A N A
Gloomfang
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 12:54:31 pm by granny »

granny

• Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: The Diary of Loriana Gloomfang
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 09:09:12 pm »
As asked by them, I sought Her. And as I sought Her, I collected Her essence, soaked with the blood of those that live in Hadrian.

As asked by them, I sought those that might help her. And as I have sought those that might serve her, I met Bosco. And I met Dominique. And I met the Black Arrows. Which will serve better, the time will tell.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 03:01:25 pm by granny »

granny

• Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 03:35:26 pm »
The Black Arrows are searching for the King under the sewers.
This King had taken a Dukkarus artifact, he presides over a court of Lycans...
What should I do with this information, although?

Why isn't Tezz persuaded by my charms?
He might bend although beneath Her.
My Lady, guide me on what I should ask him to do in order to be granted your attention...
I must... medidate.

Jash would seem to bean ally...
but he does not seem smart enough. Or quiet enough...

Who truly is Lady Valstiir?
Who are her enemies and allies?

The Lady's Swords seem to have bad relations with House Reschotti. That is good to know...

I must discover who the twin aasimars are and how powerful they are.

Beneath the Abbey of the Moon, the drow.

Around the elves and the Moonmaiden's servants, Ogres, goblins and other monstrous settlements.

Slowly I gather the needed reagents... and now I know how to reach the roots of the Moon Tree.

An altar in Hadrian Sewers... to which God?
Vastiir Sewers... as disgusting as it might be, I must visit them.

The pretender of a druid, Butterfly is an idiot.
Unlike the Archdruid, she befriends and defends the pet of a necromancer.
She spends most of her time in the town.
However, she is dangerous and has many allies. Of all shades and tastes.
I must be careful.

granny

• Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 04:40:58 pm »
To be quiet.
To walk unnoticed.
To not be heard.
To not be known.
To not desire.
To not be at all.

I fail.
I fail over and over again.
Would it be lack of insight?
Would it be lack of discipline?
Why do I remain so distracted?
So many threads,
I know not which to follow,
which to pull,
which to intertwine with my own.

I must listen more and speak less.
I must control my temper.
I must stop sharing my thoughts.
You, my Lady, it should only to you
that I should be sharing them.

I should not be making enemies, not now, not yet,
not when I have not secured a single true ally on whom I may know
that I could trust at least to answer when called.

While some slowly float towards Her call,
there is still a long path to completely bring them under Her mantle.

And... where are they?
How will I reach them?
I know not where they are.
Some leads come to my mind,
yet, would they be enough?

I might need to return to Sullivan's Port and speak with him.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 04:42:35 pm by granny »

granny

• Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 11:47:19 am »
Indeed, Tyche has been in a foul mood this week. First the fools released a Dark Fey as she tricked them pretending to be Titania, the benign Queen of the Faeries. Then the same fools and some others ended up being responsible for the death of two handfuls of children due to their incompetence and lack of organization. And finally, here I am: exposed as I reached for one Her Dark Followers — again, I fail.

Dominique is a vain brat in the body of an old man. He unveiled me before it was the time and he will pay for it. That said, I will wait for the best time to act. I would be a fool to stand openly against him on this matter. While Menner was able to stripe his wards, I cannot even get past the glare of his companion. Let him think he has got me cornered. Alas, I need not to reach for his guts to break him. There are other more subtle and efficient ways of dealing with this issue and finding a solution that would please Her. I wonder if he still could be useful although. It would be much better to have him as an ally than as a pebble in my boot needing to be removed.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 11:49:48 am by granny »

granny

• Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
A Nightmare?
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 12:39:45 pm »

granny

• Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 08:50:59 pm »
"Only the weak hide from their loss and their pain...", they said to me.

... and yet, blessed I stand now, numb from my own pain. Empty that I am, it is hard to know that I am still alive. Their pain remind me that I go on breathing. I thirst for their loss. More and more I find myself hungering for their suffering. I need what they have lost. And they I shall seek — those that have lost something, each one that is in pain —, I will seek them, and they will forget what troubles themselves. This might be good for them as it will be for me.  Forgetfulness will be both their bliss and my comfort.

Laura is empty. She says to have lost something. She is so beautiful on her lack of memories. She seems troubled, although she should be not. She should be grateful, because there is no pain. Whatever that was taken, it is no more, it is but the knowledge that something is not there. Why won't she be satisfied with such grace?

They asked to seek out my Brothers and sisters.
This has been so hard...

where are they?
Why will not they seek me out?
Why has Menner exposed me?

granny

• Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 12:02:42 am »
Cashand has killed many Dukarrus men and is busy studying necromancy. He wears a most interesting tiefling skull hiding his face. He used to study Roz'dah's gate when it still was open by the north of Hadrian.

Zilta has been intriguing with his hints that he might be observing me. He says to be a follower of the Golden God, but something about him tells me otherwise.

His words:

I want the empire to cover the world and beyond impose order upon an unordered world, I want each man and women to stride forward grasping ever further to advance, I want the other races joined to our empire so that together we can stride ever forward without ceasing.

Laura is demanding two Sharran souls in order to stop being a fool — she will need more than that... maybe when she finally accepts her lesson. I wonder what she would say when she gets to know that a certain ogre has slaughtered several of the men of her House. Maybe I should tell her just to feel her anger growing.

We have been called by the Priestess Gwynnestri Faeroris of Corellon to come and defend Nualla'n. There I finally learnt a bit more of the past events regarding the Shadow Demons that have been attacking the surroundings of Hadrian. They were called Obyrith and were the embodiment of the original sins of mortals, having originated thousands of years ago. As long as one of them lives, they are able to survive in each other and be resurrected.

I heard the name of two of them. The first I only know by its title: The Primordial Sloth. The other two were Asima, the Ancient Lust and Malgoth, the Ancient Pride. The entrance to their plane was guarded by an elven dark knight, which was a thrall to the three Shadow Demons. Upon the entrance, the following inscription:

Here lie the fallen children of Lyrandar, may their sins be forgiven and the past remain forgotten

During the attack upon the shadow demons, I have learnt of Jean-Cristophe's fear of the elves taking over the world. How delightful would it be for an elf to take over his personal world? Maybe a drow. Even more now that he says to possess an artifact of my interest...

There are other matters of importance that I have learnt during this attack, but they are to be kept within my heart for the time being.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:04:44 am by granny »

granny

• Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 10:54:11 am »
Tor Fensblood, from House Dukarrus, a priest of Targus. He is a dangerous man, I am impressed of how strong is his influence upon me. I feel like that every time I am around him something stupidly dangerous happens to me. My discernment is weakened. My already faulty concentration breaks. I do things I would not do while in his presence. The worse thing so far was to taunt the spirit-guardian of a shrine devoted to the greater God of Giants. My visible punishment was the good spanking I received for my foolish attempt on breaking the will of the spirit servant towards the Darkmaiden. But the real punishment was to be shown again that I had failed, in the end having to be rescued by Fensblood from the realm of the dead.

He makes me vain, he tickles me with pride and overconfidence. His presence is intoxicating. I need to keep distance from him. I need to purge him, to shatter his confidence. Or at least understand how to use these things in the service of Hers if I cannot keep myself away from him.

granny

• Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 12:43:04 pm »
As asked by them, I arrived in Hadrian. And as asked by them, I have started threading Her veil upon the town...

Subject: Igna

Raised by her grandfather, who trained her in combat mastery. Her father was meaningless.

Her burden:Guilt. having left her beloved grandfather in order to pursue her freedom and to escape militia.

Subject: Xavier

A tiefling. A loner.

His burden:  outcast, his pride hurt for others not helping nor caring about him. Shunned. Distrusted.

Subject:Bosco

His mother abandoned him and his father, who was worthless (a prick, he said).

"Freedom is not only for me, it's for all. And this whole Gods damn world despises freedom. And it will not stand. And the truth I must confront is that freedom will be a bloody birth and that blood will be as much innocent as guilty. And those that stand in my way, they will be brought as close as those that help me. This is also my burden Tyche will decide, but I think the status quo will burn me to cinder. But doing so, it will not be the end. Because this sick society will never last. But those that will stand to it are few, because they know it is a lost cause for this generation".

His burden: Shame. Unloved, uncared. He hides his pain behind laughter and shadows. Romantic worldview. Martyr.
A teacher?

Subject: Aardyn

His own family is tied to the Darkness. How? I do not know. The Dark One. The Dark Aardyns. Hard on the outside, soft on the inside. What does he hide?

Nightmare shared: crabs and shovels.

His burden: unknwown
Keelie. The servant of the Golden God, the loon that randomly hugs, strangles and licks people. She will be his break if something is not done about his affection towards her.
Easily manipulated. To have at least a minimum of intelligence and manage to have a bit of his trust would seem enough to persuade him towards a path or another. I have watched over and over as his position on diverse subjects changed just by talking to others.

Subject: Shea

Her husband, Reuben, died in the war. She fought by his side, but only she survived. Her sons are not with her.

Her burden: Loss. She stands though for her sons, but the death of Reuben will always be a shadow.

Subject: Laura Meslon

Her sire and mother raped and killed. There is a hint of pride on what she did. She speaks of serving a Lady under Her Gift and the schematics of the craft of an iron golem might be part of it. I wonder if I should help her on this or not. Maybe it would be good for her that she fails on this. She seems opportunistic as well. Betrayed a House for another as a better offer was made. Has some conflict with the Arcanist known as Nica.

Has an elven woman as a slave, often seen clad in black

Her burden: Absence and Loneliness. Pride

Subject: Tezza

Sold by his own mother in exchange of Lotus powder to a man. This man was violent and had marked him at young age. He carries the scar of that past upon his face still. Faithless. Thought to be a prick by Bosco. Maybe he reminds Bosco of his own father?

His burden: Not understanding still his deeds under Her veil. Pride and overconfidence upon his own skills

Subject: Burodoc

Former slave. As many other gnomes in the realms, his mother was a breed mare. He killed his former master.

His burden: Loss.

Subject: Arkelos Maelstrom

Past unknown. Current position still unknown.

He is seeking shadow gems.

Aubrey, his pixie companion, is a fragment of a lost fey of Twilight

His burden: Naivety. Easily tricked. Hope. Thinking to be saving Titania, the Fey Queen, he ended releasing the Queen of Air and Darkness and Aubrey, his pixie companion, was trapped into a sword because of it.

Subject: Karl

Former slave, captured by a tribe while still only a kid from Anphilia. He had no contact with other people save from his master. People tend to see him as stupid, he says.

His burden: Loneliness.

Subject: Dominique

Member of the Arcanist Guild. Past unknown to me so far.

His burden: Vanity. Arrogance. He seems too confident about the powers that he has been gathering for so much time and his ego was easily broken as his wards were stripped by the Dark Knight Nathanel Menner with a simple snap of fingers. The old man, unable to reach the Dark Knight, threw a temper tantrum at that and decided to have me as his consolation prize.

Subject: Keelie Nafar

Accordingly to Kuronegro, she has left the Knights of the Lady as her then future husband, Rodregn (Rod) died and wasn't recognized by the Order.

Has a brother, often seen clad in black. (Who is he? What's his name?)

Her burden: Loss. Frustration.

Subject: Nica

"Evil Incarnate", accordingly to Kuronegro. She has summoned a Knight of Amaunator from the realm of the dead and summoned several Balors. She has attempted against the lives of others, innocently or not, even having sabotaged a city trial so to retrieve a tome that would make her capable of summoning an undead army from dirt.

She is seeking shadow gems.

Her burden: Vanity. Ambition.

Subject: Uooboom

The entire of his tribe was killed by humans. He ran away, coward.

His burden: Lack of confidence

Subject: Raul Kuronegro

His friend, Aquaria, was killed with the help of Arcanist Vossk. He does not consider himself a honorable man. He blames himself for not acting when he should. Accordingly to him, he has lost friends twelve years ago because "they did not run fast enough". He hates the empire and the Acanist Guild, although, "since the dath of Snacks, no one has felt courage to stand up against" them. Before it, many Knights of the Lady died trying to stop the Arcanists from creating undead and making rituals to summon demons.

Although being a Knight of the Lady, he freely makes deals with Master Nokin, in Sullivan's Port Crafting cavern.

He believes that Mystryl prefers when magic is used "for its mere beauty rather than as a tool for power and destruction".

He holds grudges with his superiors for they denying his fallen comrades their knighthood. It was needed for him and others to stand up in order for such decision to be overturned.

His burden: Lack of confidence. Cowardice. Hypocrisy. Delusion.

Subject: Urla Duskmane

As her powers awakened for the first time, Urla summoned the dead men of her tribe from their grave. This ended up with her parents exiling as she was still a child. She met a man named Cabal, who she liked a lot. He was killed by a bear.

Her burden: Naivity. Loneliness

Subject: Tor Fensblood

Pride and mouthful priest of Targus. I know not of his past, yet. Always busy stirring others towards conflict and disagreement.

Her burden: Chaos. Pride. Hastiness

Subject: Raven

Does not understand the Gods. She thinks to be free from Their influence and to be able to become a Goddess herself... someday.

She follows Eladar wherever he goes and does. They plan together to organize a war school out of the reach of Hadrian and Valstiir, maybe this being the start of a new settlement.

Her burden: Pride

Subject: Zyrah

Singer of a beautiful voice, afraid of her own talents. She was raised by a man that took her from his threshold and accepted her as a step-daughter, putting her to take care of his house. Recently, being too old, he has grown too sick and cast her away form his home, so she would not be there when he finally died.

Her burden: Lack of confidence. Loneliness. Guilt
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 01:43:31 pm by granny »

granny

• Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 01:32:37 pm »
Tor wants to convert the Red Tail tribe of the isle of Sauros to Targus. He needs them "safe, supplied and permitted to grow. They are my on the isle's secrets, relics, and resources. They can be used as shock troops against Roz'dah. Spare the legions when monsters can be used as fodder".

He made an agreement with Jean-Cristophe, who offered to teach them spells in exchange for the grove stone that was in Fensblood's possession. He also has parted away with the essence of Ubothar, the Ancient Sloth, which is now in Fensblood's possession.

This ended up making the Moth Witch really displeased, stirring up the conflict as Fensblood had hoped.

His other target was the mayor, who he has been confronting on regards of the Targus temple. Currently Fensblood has gathered the support of several mouthful Hadrian citizens willing to oppose themselves against the mayor and in favor of not turning the Targus temple into a trading post.

granny

• Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 01:40:08 pm »
Zilta has been asking me to intercede in his name before Menner so to retrieve the orb that was taken from House Skettus. Probably his superiors are growing angrier with his lack of ability on doing what was asked from him.

Accordingly to him, the orb was found by House Skettus in an excavation by North of Hadrian. He does not know any basic information regarding this excavation and its nature. He does not know what the orb is capable either although. He only assumes that it might allow one to planeshift into the shadow plane at will, control or summon creatures of shadow, and produce an area of long term darkness where the sun cannot shine roughly the size of Hadrian.

I have agreed on petitioning for Menner in his name in exchange for him to deliver a detailed account on the events that took part before my arrival in Hadrian and that were related to the Dark Followers and Menner. I although sincerely hope that Menner denies his request once again. Such artifact does not belong with Skettus.

granny

• Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2018, 01:48:27 pm »
Vossk and Kuronegro's conflictuous relationship came to me as an interesting matter as the stupid priest banished her panther to another plane while trying to send away the mage that the Arcanist brought back from the dead.

As I spoke to Vossk, I cam to know that she really had a hand upon Aquaria's death, but that the Elves were the ones actually responsible for executing Kuronegro's friend. Aquaria, accordingly to Vossk, was always pushing her moral onto others, but in the end being nothing but a hypocrite.

Vossk has also killed some Knights of the Lady that tried her from retrieving a corrupted artifact of interest to her.

granny

• Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2018, 02:00:47 pm »
Finally Bosco and Masqualyn start to really open themselves to me. Because of them I have been spending more time in the Upper and Underdark. They were right, I feel at home there. It's a place that is comfortable to me, that I feel to understand it better than this sun-cursed land.

On my first exploration towards the Upperdark, I have assembled some trustworthy people from Hadrian and we managed to be hired by the  Cheth Rrhin Port to to kill a rival drow. I feel like we should have asked more information on whom we were killing although, but my biggest interest was to better understand the darkness and spend more time around it. It was delightful to put those people to fight under the Shroud of Darkness and to force them on fighting lacking their sight of vision. It was surprisingly satisfying that, under the adequate command and coordination, they can actually adapt themselves to a combat style with which they are not that much used.

On the second time, I felt that it was not as organized as the first, considering the amount of conflict and lack of cohesion of those that accompanied me. Despite that, I have succeeded on meeting a most interesting drow with whom I hope to speak more after I manage to kill Yazaraen Dhuurn...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 02:05:17 pm by granny »