19 Apr 24, 11:26 am » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Songs and memories of a mother and witch  (Read 29887 times)

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
Druid Wedding
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2018, 01:39:52 pm »
Druid Wedding

Some important oocly notes!
Spoiler

- This is just Druid lore and the tribe of the people of the woods lore related as group of roleplayers. It's deeply unofficial in any RPG book. And probably not recognized as a true rite as priests or clerics icly of various icly gods. As players, we know this.

- Here's a lore version of the wedding. It can be altered, having parts added, removed, changed or re-written later, for better game development and the characters involved, as well as an icly wedding event between player characters. Nothing is written in stone (oocly)

- Circle means circle of people to the place. For druids perform their rituals in circles of participants, whether they are Druids or not.

- When gods are mentioned, it can refer to any god with some function of nature. In the case of this marriage ritual, it was done thinking of the goddess Jannath. Because Jannath have a strong importance with the People of the Woods.

- Although druids have divine powers directly from nature, and to know that several druids love and respect certain gods with a nature-related portfolio, even though they have no cleric powers but druids (game system, not roleplay), we have been told about druids can not perform marriages icly because they have no gods like clerics as character class. We get this information oocly, And we respect the vision and guidance of dms about this matter and they vision about the lore of the server.

- The ritual below is made by the mother or father figure of the tribe of the people of woods, as a leading figure, and having a strong druid influence of the lore of the tribe and character development, all the wedding ritual (I mean "ritual" as rite, not an cleric or druidc ritual, just a symbolic way to unite two characters!), when done icly will not have blessing of any god officially speaking, being that the ceremony will be symbolic only, by roleplay, character development and fun of all involved.

- These notes oocly explain in detail how the entire ceremony will be viewed, without conflicting with the server's lore and the dms's view of how everything will be done as official wedding done by clerics, as character class, and about the importance of the druid class about wedding rites. If necessary, any part of the ritual may be changed or we withdrawn everything if we are notified that a tribe leader can not perform the marriage procedure because she is Druid class, respecting server lore and class vision, passed to all in a respectable and responsible manner.

- The whole idea of a druid making a wedding was structured for character development, roleplay and fun for the parties involved. No evil intention against anyone here. If we do not receive any approving or disapproving notifications, we will use the ritual described below, without any harm to the server lore, understanding and interpreting the culture of the people of the wood.

- If necessary, any alteration or annulment of the druid wedding as rite / ritual / player event as a whole shall be made so as not to prejudice the lore of the server, the fun of any other player, if this affects him.

Thank you.

Druid marriage rites have variations among residents of every part of the world, differences between druid circles and even different origins and traditions. "Marriage Druid" means that it is a celebration made in the name of peace, seeking balance and harmony.

Another reason is that seeking beyond peace and harmony, is sought also have fertility, health and hope. Often, people seek out celebrations with druids because of tradition and why local deities do not have a personal representation to the individual or community. Being loved by the companion and having it recognized by the forces of nature and its representative (even if it is purely symbolic and has no clerical value) is very striking and personal to the couple.

Some tribes have leaders with druidic traditions, and even though they are not priests or clerics, they may love and respect gods as a fervent cleric, but their talents and abilities as druids are not called into question whether to perform the ceremony or not. After all, as tribe leaders and in the cultural point of view of your own community, a druid who deals with your community and friends, can symbolically celebrate weddings.

Perhaps the gods and the faithful who follow them do not recognize a druid as the right person to make a wedding. But for the druid, the nature of love is stronger. And to help the couples who live happily all their lives is a pride and honor that, even without divine powers coming from gods, druids have the same divine power, coming through nature.

Parakeet, beaver, swan, gray wolf, owl, albatrosses and eagle are examples of animals that, when forming couples, never separate again. There are several types of breeds birds, insects, reptiles, monkeys, deer, aquatic beings and different mammals that in forming couples, they remain faithful to each other until death. Cisnei is the most well-known and beautiful natural creature for being monogamous. The idea of marriage recognized in the swan cycle is intensely more important for the newlyweds to marry.

The ceremony

Druids  encourage the Guests to gather around the edge of the Circle. The Groom and Best Man stand just outside the Circle by the gateway, door or passage. The druids bids everyone welcome giving an outline of the ceremony. The druid calls to the Spirits of Place that the rite maybe performed with their guidance and inspiration. She or he makes the Call for Peace, turning to the four directions.

Let there be peace in the East, so let it be.
Let there be peace in the South, so let it be.
Let there be peace in the West, so let it be.
Let there be peace in the North, so let it be.
Let there be peace through all the Worlds.
So let it be.

The purpose of the rite is then declared. Note that many in the Druid and some traditions related with gods of nature and spirits marry the same person a number of times, reconsecrating their bond and updating their vows in accordance with changes that move through their lives, like havind children or other important event in they lives. Where it says below ‘(number)’, this refers to the number of times the couple have wed each other before.

We gather here in peace for this sacred occasion that is the (number) Rite of Marriage between (Bride) and (Groom). As our Circle is woven and consecrated, this moment in time and this place become blessed. Let each soul truly be here that the spirits of those gathered may be blended in one sacred space, with one purpose and one voice.

The Circle is woven loosely or cast magically, depending on what is appropriate for the venue and desired by the couple. It may be consecrated and blessed with incense and water.

The spirits of the Four Directions are honoured in words such as these.

Let us call to the spirits of the four quarters of our world, that this rite be blessed by the powers of all Creation.

Spirits of the North, powers of winter, guardians of earth and stone, strength of badger, (or some specific lore of couple, like other type of animal or even plants, like flowers or trees), who you teach us of love and loyalty, great bear of the starry skies, my Lady of the sacred womb, the rich soil of creation, I ask that you honour this our Circle as we honour thee. Witness and bless this rite. Hail and welcome!

Spirits of the East, powers of spring, of conception, regeneration, vision of falcon and blackbird’s song, swallows’ freedom flight, (or something specific lore of couple), sylphs of the wind, breath of life, my Lord of the rising sun and all new life, I ask that you honour this our Circle as we honour thee. Witness and bless this rite. Hail and welcome!

Spirits of the South, powers of summer, pride of stag and fire wit of fox, dragons of the land, sprites of the dancing flame, (specific lore of couple), you who teach us of courage and the power of truth, my Lord of the wild Greenwood, I ask that you honour this our Circle as we honour thee. Witness and bless this rite. Hail and welcome!

Spirits of the West, powers of autumn, cat who stretches to hunt at dusk, wisdom of salmon and otter’s play, (specific lore of couple), undines of chuckling brook, devas that dance our love and emotion, my Lady of the Seas, tides of being, I ask that you honour this our Circle as we honour thee. Witness and bless this rite. Hail and welcome!

The Three Worlds of earth, sea and sky are honoured, that their blessings might inspire the rite. Words such as these might be used.

Hail spirits, you of beauty, power and inspiration, of the high skies that guide us to stretch and grow.
You of the dark earth that holds and feeds us
You of the open seas that wash the shores of our sacred lands
You who offer us freedom, nourishment and rebirth.
As our ancestors knew and honoured your power, so do we now.

THE BRIDE’S ENTRANCE

Some brides still love the idea of making a grand entrance and being given away by their father or father-figure. If this is the case, the following can be used in the rite. If not, she can begin the rite beside her Groom.

The Bride, with her father, her Bridesmaids and Bards, approaches the Circle with as much theatre as she would wish.

Who is it brings this fair maid to be wed this day?

The Bride’s Father: I do

Then let it be done.

He guides her to her place at the Circle’s edge beside the Groom. The druid then welcomes the Couple into the Circle.

We gather together on this the (date), the (number) day of (name of the) Moon, in the year (date), in the eye of the Sun and upon this hallowed Earth, to witness this sacred Rite of Marriage between (Bride) and (Groom), a rite that is both a Blessing and Renewal of their precious union. To know where we have come to, let us honour what and whom have brought us to this place.

THE ANCESTORS ARE HONOURED

The rite then acknowledges those who have given us live and brought us to this place.

This is also the recognition of the presence of other gods, who peacefully desire to be in harmony with the divine forces along with nature, to bring peace, love and prosperity to the couple. Druids may or may not pray directly to the gods, but their focus is nature, and their divine gifts come from nature. And it is the nature of ancestral beings to respect nature, and their representations as animal spirits, and then gods. Not by order of power, but by learning and faith, understanding that harmony and peace goes far beyond strange names and empty prayers to meet the envious or the fanatical.

In the name of our gods and the gods of our ancestors, we give thanks for all those who have shared with us their lives, their wisdom and their love. On this sacred day of their wedding, we give thanks especially for the blessings bequeathed to (Bride) and (Groom) by their ancestors of blood and spirit, both those newly departed and those of old. (Specific names if appropriate)

We honour in particular (Couple’s Parents), ancestors present in this rite in body and in spirit. Acknowledging all that has been given, the sacred gift of life, the hardest lessons taught through love and tears, the bond you share and the individuals that you are, let these ancestors too be honoured at this time.

The Couple give gifts to their parents in thanks, honouring their bloodlines.

We call too to the spirits of the lands of their birth. (To the Couple:) You have brought with you this day offerings of the earth, herbs and fruits, from the landscapes of your childhood. Would you now place them upon the altar, with any other symbols and gifts you have brought, as a mark of your respect for your blood ancestors and for the spirits of those lands that nourished you and still nourish your families.

The Couple place the items on the altar.

Ancestors, know what is done. With thanks we bid you, Hail and welcome!

THE RITE OF MARRIAGE

Let each person gathered here now call into this sacred rite, in this consecrated place, the powers that we know to be sources of love and inspiration.

Let us take a moment to attune to this Presence that we may bring ourselves fully to the importance of this time and place.

(Bride) and (Groom), do you come to this place of your own free will?

COUPLE: I do/I do.

Let us honour the four directions of our world, that their blessings may be brought to this couple.

The Couple are then taken around the Circle to each of the quarters.

(East) Spirits of the east, spirits of air, let us feel your breath!

Through times of uncertainty, through winds of change, will you still love and honour each other?

COUPLE: I will/I will.

Then may you be blessed by the powers of the east? May together you find the freedom of flight in the clear mountain air, may your marriage be reborn with each new dawn.

(South) Spirits of the south, spirits of fire, let us feel your power!

Through the flames of passion, and when the fires burn low, will you still love and honour each other?

Then may you be blessed by the powers of the south. May together you dance the road of courage and vitality. May your home be filled with warmth.

(West) Spirits of the west, spirits of water, let us feel your flowing energy!

Through the white water currents and deep still pools of emotion, will you still love and honour each other?

Then may you be blessed by the powers of the west. May together you weave and blend your desires, flowing with the beauty of the ocean tides. May your life together be filled with love.

(North) Spirits of the north, spirits of earth, let us feel your certainty!

Through times of cold restriction, when problems seem immovable, will you still love and honour each other?

Then may you be blessed by the powers of the earth. May together you root in sweet fertile soil, that your union may grow strong. May your lives together be rich with that fertility and its perfect fruitfulness.

At the altar, their hands are tied with the length of cloth. To represent the union of the two as a couple

At sacred times and places, our ancestors clasped hands when they would wed, and such handfastings witnessed by the gods and the community were lawful, true and binding, as love binds one heart to another.

(Bride) and (Groom), are you ready to declare your (renewed?) vows to each other, vows that will bind you together, soul to soul, heart to heart, joining the bloodlines of your ancestors and those of your descendants, witnessed by those who have gathered here this day, in spirit and in body, in this sacred Circle?

COUPLE: I am/I am.

All things in nature are circular. Night becomes day, day leads into night which again gives way to day. Moon waxes and wanes, and waxes again. There is Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter, then Spring returns again. These are the flowing rhythms of the Cycle of Existence. Yet in the Centre of the Circle is the stillness of the Source, eternal and brilliant.

(Bride) and (Groom), do you bring with you this day your symbols of these mysteries of life?

COUPLE: We do.

The Best Man gives the rings to the Priest.

Then be they blessed in the name of the old gods of our land, for they are an outward sign and a sacred reminder of your commitment witnessed here this day.

The rings are blessed, consecrated and placed upon the altar.

As the sun and moon bring light to the Earth, do you, (Bride) and (Groom), vow to bring the light of love and joy to this your union?

The druid takes the Wedding Candle, blessing and consecrating it. The candle can be lit at this stage if appropriate.

Do you vow to honour each other as you honour that which you hold most sacred?

The Couple’s hands are untied, the length of cloth placed on the altar.

Taking the rings, the druid gives one to the Groom who puts it on the bride’s finger and makes his personal vows to her.

The druid gives the other ring to the Bride who puts it on the groom’s finger and makes her personal vows to him.

The Priest takes Wedding Stone and it is blessed and consecrated.

This sacred Earth is our home. It offers us the power of life, nourishing us, body and soul, holding us from birth until we let go once more into the worlds of spirit. Each rock and stone, each pebble and gem contains within it the stories of all time.

You have chosen this stone together as a foundation stone of your marriage from this point on. Do you now swear upon it, as a symbol of this sacred land and our holy Mother Earth, to keep your vows?

The Couple place their hands on the stone held by the druid.

COUPLE: We swear.

Then let the Earth bear witness that (Bride) and (Groom) are joined in love and joy and freedom. So let it be!

COUPLE: So let it be!

Would you now take the gifts of your birthlands and, mixing them together, offer them to the spirits of the land upon which you make your vows, this land that is now your home.

The Couple mix the gifts and pour onto the ground beneath their feet.

Let your vows be sealed with a kiss.

The Couple kiss. The Bridesmaids and friends shower them with the confetti petals and grains of love and fertility.

Let all bear witness that (Groom) and (Bride) are joined in love as Husband and Wife. Through this renewal of their marriage, witnessed and blessed, may their love partake of the beauty, majesty and power of this sacred Earth mother.

My own blessing, and the blessings of all those assembled here be with you. The blessings of your gods and the gods of your ancestors be with you. The blessings of the ancestors be with you. With you and with all that comes of your union. So let it be!

THE FEAST

The traditional feast within Druidry is bread and mead. However, these may be substituted for cake and wine or cider, or whatever is preferred. The Bride is given the bread and the Groom the mead/wine to hold, as the Priest makes the blessings. The words here are general, but specific deities may be invoked.

Mother Earth, in the name of our gods, the gods of our land and of our ancestors, we give you thanks. You nourish us body and soul with your gifts of beauty and abundance. As you honour us with precious life, so may we honour you.

Father Sky, in the name of our gods, the gods of our land and of our ancestors, we give you thanks. Light of the sun and blessings of rain fall upon the body of our Mother, bring forth her gifts. As you honour us with your blessings, so may we honour you.

The Couple offer the first back to the earth, breaking bread and pouring mead, the second to the ancestors, then to each other. Sharing it with all present, they take the loaves and horn around the Circle.

The rite of Marriage is complete.

The Couple join the Circle.

THE PRAYER FOR PEACE

Before our ceremony ends and we return to the worlds beyond, let us form the Circle of all Existences, that we might share in the joy that we have witnessed. Let us lift our thoughts to the powers that offer us life and inspiration, knowing that the gifts of beauty and love received in this rite are ours to share, as blessings of healing, protection and abundance, for this sacred planet and all creatures that live upon her.

The druid joins the Circle for a moment’s quiet.

May the world be filled with love, beauty and harmony.

ALL: So may it be.

THE CLOSING OF THE RITE

The rite is complete. May our memories be rich with it. Let us thank the powers of nature for their presence.

The spirits of the Four Directions, the Three Worlds, the ancestors and any others who have been invoked into the rite are all thanked as the Circle is closed.

Spirits of the north, great bear, mighty badger, loyal dog, spirits of earth, we give you thanks for the gifts of strength and endurance that you have brought to our Circle. My Lady of the womb, may your gifts remain with this couple from this day forward. Hail and farewell!

Spirits of the west, hunting cat, wise salmon, laughing otter and wise frog, spirits of water, we give you thanks for the gifts of deep wisdom and free flowing that you have brought to our Circle. My Lady of the Seas, may your gifts remain with this couple from this day forward. Hail and farewell!

Spirits of the south, proud stag, running fox, spirits of fire, we give you thanks for the gifts of passion and energy that you have brought to our Circle. My Lord of the Greenwood, may your gifts remain with this couple from this day forward. Hail and farewell!

Spirits of the east, falcon, blackbird, eagle high, spirits of air, we give you thanks for the gifts of clarity and far sight that you have brought to our Circle. My Lord of the rising sun, may your gifts remain with this couple from this day forward. Hail and farewell!

I give thanks to all those, both seen and unseen, who have gathered here today. May all be blessed, returning to their realms in peace.

O Spirit of this Place, we give you thanks for your blessings. Hail, O ancestors, O great Gods of old, we give you thanks for your presence, your guidance and your inspiration. May these gifts remain with us as we bid you hail and farewell!

Let the Circle be opened that these blessings be shared, and the feasting may begin. Blessed be, as blessed is.

The Circle is uncast or unwoven.

This celebration ends in peace as in peace it began. May the spirit of this rite and the blessings we have received go with us all as we depart this place, to nourish, strengthen and sustain us until we meet again. May the blessings of this rite nourish, strengthen and sustain (Bride) and (Groom) throughout their lives together.

So let it be!

The Couple lead the way from the Circle, followed by the Best Man and Bridesmaids, parents and other participants, the guests following on. The druid is the last to leave the Circle, making the final prayers of closing.

Here ends this rite.

Blessed be as blessed is!

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
Re: Songs and memories of a mother and witch
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2018, 11:25:53 pm »

Exploring new places... And discovering new prices...

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2018, 11:48:36 pm »

Briland giving her blessing, while I pray with her...

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2018, 11:51:05 pm »

A wonderful view, with my tribe daughter, Briland.

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2018, 12:51:20 am »

Enjoying the beauty of the stars as we chatted in the beautiful moonlight, near a bonfire among other tribes

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2018, 12:58:38 am »

Relaxing in the moonlight while the children dream of touching it.

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2018, 04:13:22 am »

Sometimes nature and the spirits come in many forms.

Sometimes threatening or not.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 11:29:35 am by Shantis »

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2018, 11:26:50 am »

...And in the cries of the spirits in anger, the memories are like paints in a perverse frame, asking the impossible.

Paitings in a lost world. And only my memories really matter.

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2018, 09:24:38 pm »

In prayers and rituals to contain the worst, striving to maintain balance

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2018, 03:06:43 am »

In a moment of deep meditation, praying for the protection of farms, fishing, hunting and wildlife

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
Memories of a survivor
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2018, 04:14:58 pm »
Children, I will speak today more about our tribe...

Many think that in Netheril, there are only the tribe of the Rengarth... They are deceived. There are several tribes in the world, many of them with unique traditions and behaviors.

Several nomadic tribes were made up of one to five families, no more than 20 individuals per tribe. These tribes, individually speaking, lived hunting and collecting fruits, moving from time to time to new lands, avoiding the "town" people, monsters and the Empire Netheril. These tribes met each other, through arranged marriages with the young, culturally exchanged information, formed alliances, and strengthened the bonds of blood and friendship between different tribes, which were seldom encountered over the years.

The Rengarth as tribe were the most numerous, before the Empire War and house Dukarrus against the tribes. From this conflict, by the ignorance of the empire Netheril, the thirst for new slaves by the House Reschotti, and the desire to gain glories from the House Dukarrus, many bad things happened. Several smaller tribes were attacked cowardly by the empire, who thought that these were part of the Rengarth, or were allied of them. To the people of the empire, any tribe nomad was a Rengarth, and for this the whole should die or become a slave. In the meantime groups such as arcane guild, which is the backbone of the empire Netheril, hunted and tortured various shamans, druids and all that they would find interesting, as subject of study and research to achieve more power...

Well, this happened several years ago, and the war ended 10 years ago, with the defeat of the Rengarth tribe. And all other tribes too. During the period of war, nomadic tribes united to defend themselves against the different types of attacks of Dukarrus and the Empire, being decimated weeks later, or had its members enslaved by Roschetti, as it was said before. The survivors spread through the empire and into the world. The older ones, living as beggars in cities or hidden in the midst of nature. The orphans, living in the cities as indigent, surviving from petty thefts, or finding some temporary peace working in farms or hunting with other groups.

Gradually, over the months after the war, children who survived and still maintained traditions grew, and slowly formed new nomadic tribes. Using their own tribal language, only those who survived the massacre by Dukarrus and the empire shared this traditional language. These survivors slowly found, one by one, the lost, the hopeless, the futureless, the tragic past. And one seeking strength in others, they joined in small families, small individual tribes, forming new bonds among themselves, among all its members.

Some, even if they have found a home, still travel aimlessly for days or weeks, looking for other survivors, to give shelter and a destination. There are those who wander the lands of the empire, looking for lost relatives and friends during the war period.

There is no concept of "race" for us. There is, yes, the concept of "family", where everyone loves and protects each other. There is the concept of "Tribe", where all under the same leadership, seek to survive against all adversities.

We're careful, even paranoid sometimes. Being the losing side of a war is always cruel. Being the survivor of attacks, who killed all your tribe, relatives and friends is something that hardens the heart and makes the job of winning our respect and trust even more difficult. Being expelled from your home lands by an empire that wants to expand and consume everything that lies ahead is something we all remember. Even with their supreme power, they may never be able to feel the pleasure of fishing, the thrill of hunting, the joy of sharing family stories around a campfire, teaching traditions to the younger, and listening to the lessons of the elders.

We continue with the traditions. We have a spiritual side, intimately connected with animals. We respect nature, we come into harmony with the elements. We live on the land for when we die, to be part of it to feed our descendants and to renew life in a new cycle.

We know that enclaves flying in the sky are temporary. For everything has a cycle. Ours renews itself with each generation, becoming stronger and more resistant, to keep moving on. The empire, however, even expanding, will one day fall, for it never renews itself, it never develops through adversity.

We, of the nomadic tribes, yes. We just have to keep living and protecting the new generations, and one day we can live in a new world, in which the cycle of the empire has already closed and ended a long time. And so, we will have survived a new world, in a wonderful new cycle for all of us.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 04:18:50 pm by Shantis »

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2018, 09:08:48 pm »

Making company for Briland, after Hadrian came to harass our tribe and family, because of the words of the house Roschetti and Snacks.

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2018, 09:13:10 pm »

A visit to an inn in the hilltop area. Nice area, hospitable people. One of the halflings loved Silver, our wolf.

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
Burial Rites
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2018, 07:03:06 am »
Burial Rites

The burial shall be accompanied by well chosen objects associated with the life of the deceased. A favorite torque, a mantle, golden jewelry, drinking horns, magical wands and staffs, boughs of oak and sprays of mistletoe and any other precious object the deceased might have chosen or that is chosen lovingly by others.

A hole shall be dug and stones brought from near or far and placed near the grave. The body shall be placed on a stretcher or a bier and carried to the location of the earthen hole. It shall be dressed in fine clothing or covered in fine cloths and sacred herbs and flowers. In other cases, the body is cremated and the ashes deposited in a place of choice of the deceased, or favorite place, or the choice of the widow or the closest relatives

The people shall visit the body for a day, praying, singing, telling stories and praises of the deceased until nightfall. At night the Druids and those of the kin group who wish to remain in vigil shall sit with the body until dawn. During the night the Druids shall listen and watch for messages from the deceased for it is known that the spirit often remains with the body, even after death.

At dawn, at the time of the rising of the birds, the Druids and kin shall lovingly place the body in the grave. A Bard or a poet shall sing these words or any song or poem from ancient tradition;

"Come spirits across the ocean
join with your brother/sister who waits here
Take him/her across to the bright land
Take her/him across moor and meadow
Take her/him across a calm sea
Take her/him across a blissful ocean
Peace and joy on the day of her/his death
As He/she finds her/his way to the white sun".

And then shall every person present begin to cover the body with soil or deposit the ashes, a handful or a shovelful at a time. And then shall a cairn be lifted from the collected stones, over the body of the deceased. And let every stone be placed with a prayer for the well being of the deceased, for their family and kin and for their spiritual family. Or in place of the cairn or beside it let there be planted a tree in memory of the deceased. And all care shall be taken to ensure the tree's survival. Afterwards let a great feast be prepared with music andcelebration and stories of the deceased and praise of their accomplishments.

Pray the legends and stories, which if the spirit wishes, can return in the form of an animal or plant, to protect those he loves for some time, or for life in this new way. Your memories will have been lost in this new life, but loyalty and love with relatives, friends and loved ones continues eternal.

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2018, 06:31:00 pm »
Some notes written in the book of shadows...

Recently there have been two Aaasimars, to support the swords. Honestly, this raises a lot of questions for me.

First, if they were sent by Selune, why did not she help Snacks and Rod herself?

Second, why did they send two Aasimars, instead of ordinary people, with mortal qualities and defects, to better understand humanity and thus make the best examples of morals and courage for everyone, the way Rod and Snacks were? Both were full of defects, but they were loved by all.

What is the wisdom of Selune, in sending two celestials, who understand nothing of humanity? Why did she prefer to send two men with wings, instead of reviving, or at least finding, the bodies of Hadrian's heroes?

Another question, is how Alun behaved the first time I met him. I found him arrogant, standing on a pedestal, making it clear that he was superior to Snacks and Rod because they were sent by Selune.

That is an endless arrogance. Snacks may have had all kinds of defects in life, but he fought for others and cared. He lived with constant moral, philosophical, and personal questions that crushed him from within, but he found the strength to move on. Rod was in love with Keelie, he was everyone's friend. he was brave in battle, heroic. He could not read letters, but he could read hearts. He was someone with a nobility and unique courage.

Why did not the goddess Selune who protected the marriage don't gived a chance to revive Rod? Why does she allow Keelie to continue to suffer without giving a way to retrive Rod's body? And in the place, he sent two winged men, who understand nothing of human society, or have any respect or sensitivity to the dead?

Why did she send two winged men, instead of reviving or finding the snack body, which was essential to regaining The Tree of the Moon along with Keelie?

Honestly, I'm disappointed with Selune as a goddess. She sent two men to help the Swords, but she is totally insensitive to the sufferings of those who have survived without access to the bodies.

Sincerely, seeing two winged celestial pseudo-angels coming through her tears (according to Alun) makes me wonder how a goddess is annoyingly insensitive to everyone's pain.

I wonder every day more and more, whether it really is the swords I helped or the people involved in them. The two aasimars have no affinity with human society. They do not seem to be mortal, they stand on their pedestals, saying they came from selune to help the swords, but I do not feel any love for humanity coming through them. No kind of confidence, familiarity, friendship, or sharing with human society.

They can be honored, but ... Honor can appease the pain of many? Can it inspire the gigantic lack that Snacks and Rod have left? Can they represent the elves as Rassali tried to do?

I doubt it.

Day after day, people will resent the two Aasimars. Because they have no trace of humanity. For coming from a goddess, everyone will look and wonder, among them:

"Why did Selune bring these two idiots, and did not bring back our heroes?"

"Why did Selune allow Rod to die? Why did Selune allow Snack to die?"

"Where are the gods? Why did not they bring back our heroes?"

"Why did we get two birdmans, not a human and a half-orc?"

"Where are Snacks? Where is Rod? Why do we have to trust these two winged men, who are nothing like us?"

Everyone who has some love and respect for Snacks or Rod will hardly accept them both. Because the two were sent by Selune to replace Snacks and Rod, not to save them.

Everyone who has love and respect for Snacks or Rod will stop believing in Selune, because she did not help them directly, and sent two people to take their place, instead of sending them off early to hunt and kill Pheroth and fight against Sullivan.

Everyone who has love and respect for snacks or Rod will look at the two Aasimar, and will feel displeasure against Selune, because she sent them to try to replace two heroes, and of nothing they have to be as big and heroic as them. They lack humanity. They lack dignity. They lack compassion. They lack affinity and complicity.

Rod drank, but he was the most positive person I've ever met. He tried to overcome every problem with a smile and a sip. But he was a sincere, humane person who could understand and be understood. Snacks were friendly, playful. He loved to talk and have fun with others. He drank, played games, helped and guided everyone. And he always walked with a stick called stik-stik...

I miss it in these two winged dicks. They have no visible flaws. They are perfect gods. It has no visible fails, no  bad traits or behavioral errors to feel like the same of us. It comes from a heavenly plane or another place that ordinary people never came. And this opens a gigantic abyss. No one can undestand and trust fully in someone of other place, with wings. They need to become more humans, instead acting like angels.

Snacks is a half orc. Overcome racism, overcome problems. He beat everyone he could for valid reasons. He was stressed, he was furious for the right reasons. He was a time bomb when he saw injustice, wanting to do the right thing for the right reasons. And this is something the two do not seem to do.

Rod drank, but he was the most positive person I've ever met. He tried to overcome every problem with a smile and a sip. But he was a sincere, humane person who could understand and be understood.

I miss a lot of thing in these two winged dicks.

They came from Selune and for Selune. They did not come from the people, for the people to be with the people. They are on a pedestal too high for any mortal feel safely and trust as equal. And every moment people see them, they're going to make everyone who knew Snacks and Rod wonder, why did Selune send these two, and did not save our friends?

Sincerely, goddess Selune? I do not understand your plans. I do not understand your feelings. But when Rod and Snacks came out of our lives, you did not have to put the two in to replace them. You are terribly cruel, unfair and ugly, torturing everyone who loved Snacks and Rod, sending two winged dicks in place of our beloved friends.

Probably because of this, that even with all the pain of my life, I still love Jannath.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 06:46:20 pm by Shantis »