20 Apr 24, 11:35 am » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Icly vs oocly torture  (Read 7837 times)

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
Icly vs oocly torture
« on: June 12, 2018, 06:51:08 am »
The game has no clear rules of what is allowed or not icly or occly, in terms of icly laws. This make a huge gray area, leaving a lot of complex problems. Some people stay in a gray area and is hard to know how to deal with them. In the best case, ignore and move with other players?

If have no witness or if the law (or if noble house don't care), A character can kill a pc icly, use a revive / ressurection scroll, kill again the character again, revive / ressurect him again, kill again and repeteat the whole process to throw the character back to lvl 4 or a little more?

Yes, a ugly dick move, but icly, anyone chaotic evil can make this. Checking the case, because I talked with someone and this point come as long debate. Because, if (as example) a (non-real) character of House Reschotti do this icly, is really torture on the player-character (of course, the trauma of death is intense), but oocly?

Cptzambie

• Developer
  • Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Icly vs oocly torture
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 07:26:27 am »
I think you would get in huge trouble by dm's if you kept reviving and killing someone so they go to lvl 4.... unless i misread your sentence.

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 07:39:16 am »
I think you would get in huge trouble by dm's if you kept reviving and killing someone so they go to lvl 4.... unless i misread your sentence.

No, you read right.

The point was the chat I had with another player, talking about the limits of the acceptable and not acceptable within the limited game system.

Cptzambie

• Developer
  • Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 07:46:49 am »
I reckon that would be a banned offence but im no dm so who knows. Thats why with pvp its best to discuss your intentions and have one present for insurance

Verk

• Noble
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 12:05:24 pm »
It'd be an utter dick move to do it to another players character. And the number one rule we should follow is don't be a dick ooc.

That said it is actually something Red Wizards of Thay do canonically in the forgotten realms

ToxicWrench

• Demi-God
  • Twisting nuts since '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 01:07:19 pm »
You need a DM for FD so that we can ensure things like that don't happen.

eKross

• Noble
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 01:30:52 pm »
I used it as a joke a few times in chat, as it's so uncharacteristic for the character i play that it's silly, but then again my username isn't my character name so that's not a very good joke really. Pariah Escaud, glad to meet ye.