27 Apr 24, 21:45 pm » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Raul's Research of the Weave  (Read 5265 times)

StoPlains

• Noble
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
Raul's Research of the Weave
« on: June 02, 2018, 02:45:55 am »
Due to recent events, I have questioned what my purpose and obligations should be to my faith. Therefore, as a servant of the Lady of Mysteries, Mystryl, I need to be dedicating more time to research of the weave in order to develop new magic.

For the next ten days, I have decided I will spend them in solitude to focus on this research. I hope to find some answers about the great mysterious beauty of magic as well as discover new magic that can aid me with stopping those who use magic improperly, such as to disrupt the balance of magic, to experiment on the living or to summon demons.

Also, it is apparent that the church of Mystryl lacks presence in Hadrian so I should set up a more established church. Being able to achieve weaveglow would perhaps show the beauty and grace of the bond between the weave and my goddess.

-Raul

StoPlains

• Noble
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Raul's Research of the Weave
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 05:57:49 am »
I have now spent 5 days alone on my research. My attempts at weaveglow through ritual shows that success may be in sight. Today I was able to make my hand glow blue for several seconds.

It has become abundantly clear through my studies that magic holds great possibility. Mystryl is a generous goddess to permit such limitless access to the weave.

However, this gift could be abused. With such infinite possibilities, the very nature of life could be altered. It is necessary to examine whether there is some way magic could be over used such that it has an effect on the stability of magic or if we truly have infinite access to the weave.

Nevertheless, magic should not be used in distasteful ways. I need allies and an organization to uphold the sanctity of magic and to come closer to revealing the mystery of the weave.

-Raul

StoPlains

• Noble
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 04:13:42 am »
It is now the 8th day of my focused research. I thought I would put aside my examinations for a bit to piece together my mission. I must form the church of Mystryl soon. My goal of this church should be to discover new magic in honor of our Lady and to be a force against those who use magic improperly. This includes, but is not limited to, summoning demons, vile experimentation and disrupting the natural order of magic.

To begin, I need members. Of course, I know I can get my friend Gustavo but he is more apt for punching rather than exploring magic. What I need are fellow priests and arcanists. Unfortunately, many arcanists attempt to do exactly what we are standing against and priests of Mystryl are hard to come by. Aedan, however, may perhaps be what I am looking for. Still, I want at least a couple more than that.

As for a location to operate, I will have to look into my options. Housing in Hadrian can be quite expensive so perhaps raising funds can be achieved through providing services of magic. After I have finished up with this research, I will begin my plan.

- Raul

StoPlains

• Noble
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 05:44:44 am »
Aquaria gave me an artifact today that may perhaps bring me closer to unraveling a fragment of the story behind the weave. She wanted me to make observations of it then destroy it through Mystryl's divine powers.

It was a skull. Of course it was. Why must evil always use creepy body parts for storing magic? Why not something more practical like a back-scratcher? It would have two uses then. I guess perhaps being disgusting is a requirement for their magic to work.

The skull emanated great negative energy. Therefore, I decided to cast a negative energy shield on myself for safety reasons, of course. Fortunately, although containing powerful negative energy magic, it was nothing that could potentially warp the very fabric of magic. Upon closer examination, it appears the skull could have been used to greatly reduce the energy of any living being, scary but again not the end of the world if it fell in the wrong hands.

After forcing enough positive energy into it, the skull was rendered magic less, at least to the best of my knowledge. At last, the poor soul who's head was used to make this can be properly given some burial.

On a side note, I should focus my efforts towards working on a truth spell. There are many betrayals that have occurred and it would be best to find them before more lives are lost.