Player Forums > Feedback and Bugs

Is the current Respawn and ressurection system to punishing?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Maggers:
For me it is fine as is. I'd prefer harsher as I want death to mean something. But I think this is a good compramise as it is.

eKross:

--- Quote from: eKross on June 14, 2018, 04:17:27 pm ---I'd be down for even heftier xp cost on death, if it was temporary and last even up to a day. maybe prevent the character from gaining non dm xp during it too.

--- End quote ---

That was an awful sentence.
I'd be down for characters to temporarily lose levels for a long duration, preventing xp gains, except for dm xp. Maybe increase the duration of your death penalty the higher the level of the player is.

Later on when event xp is the only thing you get and you're not actively playing, you'll easily lose a month or more of progress even when resurrected, especially if you don't grind.

Snacks:
I actually really like this idea. What if dying meant you took a penalty to levels for a set period of OOG time. Make it so that if you want to remove it before the duration is up you have to pay XP, otherwise you're out of the fight for a couple days.

smirnoff:
Supernatural level drain that cannot be dispelled until a certain time in the future instead of XP loss perhaps?

Or divine intervention to reduce or eliminate XP loss from resurrection/respawn. Sort of like a get out of jail free card. This could be a "shard of insertdivinename", collected through pleasing the divines (random quest reward or DM loot).

Death must have meaning, however if it is too punishing then it definitely leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Most players would like to reach the maximum level in the shortest possible time. Any setback (even if it is insignificant) can delay your leveling process by days/weeks.
Death system is hard to balance and I don't think it is possible to please everyone. To some people the journey is more important than the destination, to others the journey must be quick and effortless and the destination is what really matters.

Rose:
So with the level losses from death being temporary but returned over time suggestion... Like a full respawn takes away 15% xp now but maybe the xp tics become 100 xp until it gives back the 15% that was lost then goes back to normal before you died. If done that way, if I am understanding the suggestion correctly eKross, death is not a permanent loss but a temporary one. That'll end up drastically raising the server overall level as a result and would make raises and resurrections more of a waiting convenience since no xp is actually lost in the end, so that's something to consider.

Example, you died. Your respawn/raise/res caused you to lose 10k xp. You'll gain a new xp tic for 100 each, until that provides you 10k. That will require 100 tics, which is 16.6 hours of active play time.

I don't know how I feel about that or if I like it, but that would be one way to implement the suggestion posed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version