Player Forums > Feedback and Bugs

Is the current Respawn and ressurection system to punishing?

(1/6) > >>

Calabask:
Do you believe it is? If you don't think so at early levels, keep in mind when you hit 10, and above, you can easily lose a week or more worth of XP, and in some cases, from one death, can lose over a /months/ worth of XP. Not everyone has the time and inclination to grind out the XP they lose, and when you get into the teens, if they die and lose XP, grinding becomes something even harder as there are only a few quests to give XP.

Additionally, I do not believe the current system encourages RP in the least, it, in my opinion, causes there to be less with people just grouping up to grind XP which may be IC or OOC. There are alternatives. Some people have suggested Arelith's system. Another system I saw that worked well was a system that prevented you from getting hunting XP for a number of hours equal to your level, but you could still get DM XP, and Fairy XP.

Also, I firmly believe raises and ressurects from players should not give an XP penalty, or from the priest who charges 6k gold to raise someone. 6k is a fuckton of gold enough, let alone the person on the recieving end losing XP.

Comment below.

Eternally_Faithful:
I second, third and fourth this, going from less then 4k to 9, down to 700 till lvl 8 because a bugbear chieftain managed a crit...it hurts, it sucks and the only response for it is to suck it up and move on. Or go see if X will oocly grind you up. Yep...these are the basic answers...I still say the Arelith system, while many might be a bit picky on it, would solve SO much of this....massively lower the xp cost, I would love to lose all gold im carrying and a low amount of xp instead if self raising, and instead I get x IG hours of res sickness if I self raised, 1hp with others just using a raise scroll..no xp cost so I still have to heal up...and full health with a full Resurrection.

eKross:
I'd be down for even heftier xp cost on death, if it was temporary and last even up to a day. maybe prevent the character from gaining non dm xp during it too.

Verk:
Not punishing enough imo

Rose:
Death was already reduced in penalty a lot. It is still able to be felt, but isn't crippling. I can't see how it can be reduced much more than it is already and not make something as serious as DEATH feel trivialized. I wouldn't like it personally. At least not with our magic level- but that's a whole other topic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version