18 Apr 24, 21:11 pm » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Report to the University on the caverns north of Counch  (Read 3462 times)

Winterhawk99

• Noble
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • Harvest Moon Consortium
Report to the University on the caverns north of Counch
« on: July 29, 2021, 07:36:07 pm »
Dear good sirs on the University committee,

I, Lauriella Sithmore, was invited by another student, the sorcerer Locke, to participate in a research project regarding a cave system; a stone’s throw away from the northern gate. A magical sending, sent by Mr. Locke’s request, for help spurred my interest. I accepted the requests and navigated to the coordinates within the message.
     Upon arrival I met One Locke. The student heading said research and another: A Local from Southbank who calls himself Roo. We preceded north to find a university professor standing near. The cave. The three of us prepared ourselves and moved into the small cave system.
     Upon entering we encountered stirges, wild dogs and small floating eyes that hit us with beams of energy. We quickly cleaned them out. As we moved forward we encountered a few undead.
     The undead seem to have been slightly stronger and somewhat altered from what you would find in most crypt systems. For what purpose or intent, we do not know.
     The first clue we found was a large conical disk about the size of a chair seat. It was made of some metal, flat on the bottom rising at a slight angle in rings about a hand and a half thick with a small hole at the top. From the hole was issuing negative energies that seemed to dissipate a few feet above the object. This is most likely the source of the magic enhancing the undead we encountered. We could determine nothing more about the object.
     Moving on we encountered and area of standing stones rift with negative energy with no apparent source, then set ourselves to the task of moving down a flight of stone steps deeper into the system.
      We fought many undead, and wild dogs to a place where there were three dead men hung up by chains over a small pool of their own blood. The pool may have been a feeding pool, a place of ritual necromancy or have some other function. There were no clues to determine the exact usage. Roo trained in the art of fighting took to the task of releasing the dead men from their bonds. The three of us respectfully set the bodies in a corner of the chamber.
     After this episode the three of us found a secret door. Going in we found a library of sorts. Locke took several items and papers from this small library. We left quickly to complete the mission.
     At the back of the cave system we found the apparent cause of the undead. An eye tyrant had taken up residence in the deepest part of the cavern system. It had several lesser eyes with it. We bravely fought and defeated the creature but found no clue into how it used the above items to control and enhance the undead unless Locke found something in the library. I would highly doubt that for eye tyrants do not seem to be the type to write things down.
     This is my report on the cave system north of Conch. Both my companions fought bravely, asked the proper questions about the endeavor and honorably split the items found between the three of us. I would welcome their company at any time.

Thank you.

Lauriella Sithmore
     Student at the University and Merchant Marine Captain
[/b][/font]

Non- cursive version:

Dear good sirs on the University committee,

I, Lauriella Sithmore, was invited by another student, the sorcerer Locke, to participate in a research project regarding a cave system; a stone’s throw away from the northern gate. A magical sending, sent by Mr. Locke’s request, for help spurred my interest. I accepted the requests and navigated to the coordinates within the message.
     Upon arrival I met One Locke. The student heading said research and another: A Local from Southbank who calls himself Roo. We preceded north to find a university professor standing near. The cave. The three of us prepared ourselves and moved into the small cave system.
     Upon entering we encountered stirges, wild dogs and small floating eyes that hit us with beams of energy. We quickly cleaned them out. As we moved forward we encountered a few undead.
     The undead seem to have been slightly stronger and somewhat altered from what you would find in most crypt systems. For what purpose or intent, we do not know.
     The first clue we found was a large conical disk about the size of a chair seat. It was made of some metal, flat on the bottom rising at a slight angle in rings about a hand and a half thick with a small hole at the top. From the hole was issuing negative energies that seemed to dissipate a few feet above the object. This is most likely the source of the magic enhancing the undead we encountered. We could determine nothing more about the object.
     Moving on we encountered and area of standing stones rift with negative energy with no apparent source, then set ourselves to the task of moving down a flight of stone steps deeper into the system.
      We fought many undead, and wild dogs to a place where there were three dead men hung up by chains over a small pool of their own blood. The pool may have been a feeding pool, a place of ritual necromancy or have some other function. There were no clues to determine the exact usage. Roo trained in the art of fighting took to the task of releasing the dead men from their bonds. The three of us respectfully set the bodies in a corner of the chamber.
     After this episode the three of us found a secret door. Going in we found a library of sorts. Locke took several items and papers from this small library. We left quickly to complete the mission.
     At the back of the cave system we found the apparent cause of the undead. An eye tyrant had taken up residence in the deepest part of the cavern system. It had several lesser eyes with it. We bravely fought and defeated the creature but found no clue into how it used the above items to control and enhance the undead unless Locke found something in the library. I would highly doubt that for eye tyrants do not seem to be the type to write things down.
     This is my report on the cave system north of Conch. Both my companions fought bravely, asked the proper questions about the endeavor and honorably split the items found between the three of us. I would welcome their company at any time.

Thank you.

Lauriella Sithmore
     Student at the University and Merchant Marine Captain
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 07:42:45 pm by Winterhawk99 »
Chief cook, bottlewasher and button pusher for The Harvest Moon Consortium