In Character > Journals & Backgrounds

The Mystery of Mistari

<< < (3/3)

SteelsSweets:
Saul and I have not had a chance to enjoy the goblin brew. I am reconsidering my desire to have him as my first.

Firstly, it seems premature to name a First when there are no other contenders. Also, I am not sure he is of the right mentality to fulfill the duties required of the First.

Is there a secondly? Did I write one? Gods I'm tired...

I was looking for tasks that the House could complete together and caught a glimpse of the elf's ship.

It is not nearly as massive and impressive as I would have thought. I also did not get too close but I didn't see any crewmen.

I suppose they could have all been asleep, or otherwise occupied, below deck but one would think that there should be someone topside at all times. What if an evil horrible priestess of the Maiden came aboard?

Sid has found me. It is nice to have one of the old house returned. With him came some news that I am not sure I want to entertain yet. I could really use someone to talk to about it. Alas for lack of First.

Saul has presented me with an opportunity to please the Maiden yet I am not sure I am brave enough. I find shame in this. I have been meditating and it seems to me that she wishes I go through with it but it is so intimate that I feel that once again it should only be something the First does.

At one time I was considering Fazian for the role. I doubt he could do this, even if he was the First.

I visited the library. I am not hopeful I will find what I seek but I await word on if anything was located. Perhaps Tyche will smile upon me, as she seems to have a strong foothold in the city.

Why do adventurers fear pain? I can understand the soft nobles and ignorant peasants but you would think that adventurers, more than any others, would understand and appreciate the lessons that pain brings. Do they not gauge themselves based on their martial prowess? To grow, there must be pain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version