25 Nov 20, 10:55 am » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Novel update.  (Read 358 times)

Winterhawk99

• Developer
  • Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • Harvest Moon Consortium
Novel update.
« on: October 17, 2020, 03:24:15 pm »
howdy everyone. its October and I have completed the intermission of my 3rd novel. The working title is 'A field of Lilies."  It marks the half-way point of the rough draft.

This novel is very different from my other two books. It is not connected to the Children of Hell series. I will complete the last book of that trilogy after putting this one out. Unlike Children of hell I was careful to make this short novel have a general background instead of placing it on Toril. Which means I have something I can sell perhaps if I choose too for 2 or 5 bucks a copy.

Another feature is that about a 1/3 to 1/2 the book is written in cursive. I have a very good reason to write it in that form. I know many cannot read cursive so I will be making a second non-cursive book. If you can read cursive I believe you will enjoy the cursive version much more than the non-cursive.

I am looking to complete the book by Christmas. We'll see. I'm a working stiff so time is always against me meeting deadlines. I am having a bunch of fun with this novel. The second children book was a bit strained because I pushed myself to completing it which in turn probably delayed its release. This one I'm more relaxed on.

I had Angel (my wife) review the intermission and she made some suggestions. I incorporated her advise into it and it is much, much better. I was coming close to the scene being x-rated and most that have read my writings know I'm not too hot on graphic stuff. Now it's come down to more of a pg-13 rating which is I feel is much better.

I then asked another to read the intermission because I still felt it was not good enough for the book. They loved it so I kept is as is for now.

So this is my update. I think everyone will be surprised on how different this book is from the two Children of Hell novels. I'll have more updates in the coming weeks :)

For those who have not read the first two novels, They are free fan fiction books that can be downloaded from my site. Here are the links:
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2744
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=137&t=2803
Chief cook, bottlewasher and button pusher for The Harvest Moon Consortium

Winterhawk99

• Developer
  • Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • Harvest Moon Consortium
Re: Novel update.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 08:30:54 am »
I have completed the rough draft of the novel 'A field of Lilies' it is currently 26,624 words, about 1/10th my other two novels. I'll be looking for proofreaders to tell me where I may improve it soon. I need to have a clean and polished novel before copywriting it. Soon enough you will be able to download it. :) I believe even as small as it is that its a powerful novel and my best work thus far.
Chief cook, bottlewasher and button pusher for The Harvest Moon Consortium