19 Apr 24, 11:14 am » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Monthly Arena Events  (Read 34337 times)

Rainman

• Dungeon Master
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
Monthly Arena Events
« on: January 19, 2020, 03:41:32 pm »
We have three arena's in game at the moment, so I was thinking with the support of the DM/EM Team and Players, we could rotate an event every month ( one at least or more ) depending on support for the events.

The three arenas are ...

Sullivan's Pit Arena
Opponents
- NPC Monsters

Valstiir Arena
Opponents
- NPC Gladiators and Animals

The Warehouse ( Hadrian )
Opponents
- NPC Thugs

Of course we can add/change these. So we will start it off with this event ...

https://netheril.net/forums/index.php?topic=6386.0

I would like to see players/factions hosting these events with DM/EM help if we can.

thoughts ?
Build it and they will come.

frohawk

• Arcanist
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Monthly Arena Events
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 05:11:13 pm »
I think this is a great idea.

It is something that can birth a lot of different storylines and gives the players something to look forward to doing.

Ritu

• Hero
  • Discord: Ritulienka#3945
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 05:21:04 pm »
Prescheduled monthly events would be a gorgeous thing it allows people to actually MAKE time for the event instead of everything being left for the last moment as it unfortunately sometimes is.
Providing beasts for Valstiir Arena would be a part of Zahirra's duties, so I'm all up for it. I still need to figure out a post format for the things she captured for it already.

I actually have two resch-event posters already made - one for arena, other for Lady Valstiir's Birthday Festival, so I'm just gonna need dates and numbers :)  It's gonna be a great thing since I can take people out again to look for things to capture.

I have expected the Lady Valstiir thing for February, so perhaps it can be not only a fair at the Lakes District but also arena on the day after so it's an event balanced for both social RPers and more fight-and-challenge-oriented people.
۞Iskvaeri Mai Traahen
☼Oxana Vulpeti
♫Charlotte Von Krall
♛Artemis Aurelia

Fiverine

• Developer
  • Demi-God
  • Repairer of Reputations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 09:09:31 pm »
There is a fighting area beneath the Frog & Toad too, isn't there?  (I *think* I have seen one there).  If so that one could be included down the track.  We also have the festival grounds.

"I just can't take no pleasure in killing. There's just some things you gotta do. Don't mean you have to like it."

Rainman

• Dungeon Master
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 08:56:50 am »
There is a fighting area beneath the Frog & Toad too, isn't there?  (I *think* I have seen one there).  If so that one could be included down the track.  We also have the festival grounds.

Could be another location for the Hadrian arena > Festival grounds, but sometime I like to move that area around depending on the need.

No arena under the Frog and Toad ... just your death :)

Rainman

• Dungeon Master
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 08:59:21 am »
Prescheduled monthly events would be a gorgeous thing it allows people to actually MAKE time for the event instead of everything being left for the last moment as it unfortunately sometimes is.
Providing beasts for Valstiir Arena would be a part of Zahirra's duties, so I'm all up for it. I still need to figure out a post format for the things she captured for it already.

I actually have two resch-event posters already made - one for arena, other for Lady Valstiir's Birthday Festival, so I'm just gonna need dates and numbers :)  It's gonna be a great thing since I can take people out again to look for things to capture.

I have expected the Lady Valstiir thing for February, so perhaps it can be not only a fair at the Lakes District but also arena on the day after so it's an event balanced for both social RPers and more fight-and-challenge-oriented people.

I would hope/like players in factions like yourself, to maybe take charge of the Hadrian ones ... especially the Warehouse as it is owned by your House

Nice, I will look forward to seeing the posters. But yes if we go in rotation Valstiir would be next on the list.

Ritu

• Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 11:15:00 am »
Hadrian's Warehouse is not much of a full-on Arena material, one Hilltop Bear would wreck it so that's ideal for people-only smaller festivities and events  (maybe even auctions)
In case any idea for it comes to mind I'll definitely work on it :)  Ideally if I could get another faction into it too, involving more people in setting it up would be sweet. We'll see how things go.
۞Iskvaeri Mai Traahen
☼Oxana Vulpeti
♫Charlotte Von Krall
♛Artemis Aurelia

Rainman

• Dungeon Master
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 01:53:35 pm »
Monty would oversee the Valstiir Arena games :)

The Warehouse I would be animal based, my thugs of different levels. Might leave the animals/creatures for Valstiir

Rainman

• Dungeon Master
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 02:02:11 pm »
Hadrian's Warehouse is not much of a full-on Arena material, one Hilltop Bear would wreck it so that's ideal for people-only smaller festivities and events  (maybe even auctions)
In case any idea for it comes to mind I'll definitely work on it :)  Ideally if I could get another faction into it too, involving more people in setting it up would be sweet. We'll see how things go.

I was just looking in The Warehouse area and it has Animal cages in a back room but I get your point.

frohawk

• Arcanist
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 03:42:42 pm »
I think it would be interesting to have red shirt characters for this as well. So, if we don't want to risk our main characters we can still take part.

Ritu

• Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 08:34:31 pm »
I think it would be interesting to have red shirt characters for this as well. So, if we don't want to risk our main characters we can still take part.

This would be great.
۞Iskvaeri Mai Traahen
☼Oxana Vulpeti
♫Charlotte Von Krall
♛Artemis Aurelia

Rainman

• Dungeon Master
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2020, 08:14:26 am »

This would be great.

What about these alt PC's levels?

frohawk

• Arcanist
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2020, 09:41:29 pm »
That is a good question. It would need to balance out and the characters wouldn't be able to do anything outside of the event.

They could start at level 5 or 6. Then be in their own weight class where they can only fight things at that level. IF they survive they could gain levels to be used in the next event.

Rainman

• Dungeon Master
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2020, 08:46:22 am »
I would like to get some feedback from those there ...

Feel?
Monster?
Loot on offer?

plus any other thoughts

Vydaera

• Noble
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2020, 01:46:10 am »
Are you suggesting we can have alts that are specifically just for the Arenas? I could get down with that, it would be a good place to try out some other class combos. If this thing really takes off, it could provide a whole different style of play to the server and attract a more diverse playerbase!