family - to fulfill the role that's being expected,
that's been ordered by those above her. To join
a great House, for the prestige of her family
and its good name...

However, after talking with some people she starts to see
and believe that she perhaps can do something she
would like. That she can choose.

And among all the drama and mess going on in Hadrian,
a beautiful, intricate silver lining starts to reveal itself.   (just for the record, i didn't paint this portrait - too lazy, just edited it)

Ritu:

I took my time to get to know the city more.
And, without much of a thought or with too many hidden and suppressed ones, there’s a desire to have hope, to move on… to have plans revolving around myself, not around what others want of me.

Balancing on a fishing line. That’s how I feel after today’s day of talking and writing letters. Half of the words I get in return are empty but no matter, I must keep pressing on. The issues are too important, and are going to keep piling on top of each other unless I take the steps as soon as they’re able to be taken.

I’ve successfully asked around about the snows and other troubles that hold Hadrian in their grip - there’s surely much more that I’m not being told, however it’s of no matter for now. Not like I’m not at the mercy of others, being the weak 'shitface' I am.

That reminds me of someone most surprising, who not only got me out of my guarded, defensive shell but crushed it so hard it crumbled into the wind. Who would have thought that what I needed are not the life-wisdom-teaching lectures of Shi and Teuivae, but it was a poke of playfulness and a cocky bastard of a shadow half-drake that brought smile onto my face and peace into my soul. The gnoll, Garlax, is quite alright of a companion too - he seems to be interested in working out a food shipping deal with the Mayor Wren.

Balancing on a fishing line. Great Houses, Wren and Shi, Adventurers, Southbank, and my alliance with Neasa on a private matter.
All as fragile and vulnerable yet in their power, as they hold onto it with everything they have.
So must I apparently, if i am to survive.
To keep balancing on the fishing line.

Ritu:

Being surprised by Trinra’s husband and his one-liner left me stunned with my mind racing.
Then it clicked, I needed to talk to him. But he seems to be rarely around. I met him for the first time on his own at the party, he must’ve been in mourning the whole time since Trinra… Ah, dear Trinra. I miss you.

I’m still looking for the scrolls to enchant the rapier with. I sent out some letters and I must ask Uldur next time I stumble upon the old man. I was also told to ask Belorfin, but then again I've heard the Society’s fees have skylaunched and I don’t have much left.

Shi Lei is willing to forge weapons if he gets soldiers under his command. A difficult deal to make, and I’m not sure whether to even begin.
And once again I forgot to ask him about the items of the Three. On the other hand, we discussed so much today it could’ve been a risk. I’m not yet entirely sure about people around here.

I went to rest my mind after the whole day to the cliffside cave, though by the time I got there it was early in the morning - I slept at the ship on the way there.
After that one time Sjach told me that “it’s been a while since he ate,” every other day I go out of my way to get him something to eat. Like today, a roasted herb lamb with gravy. I needed to ask him about Raven anyways, last time I remember he and Trin lived in Sullivans. They might've seen each other. I left him a note along with the breakfast, gave the sleepy dragon a gentle kiss on the nose and left again, not only to catch a bit more sleep at the rocking ship before another day in Hadrian starts.
Arkelos partially warned me, after all.
And it’s only getting colder.

Ritu:

I took the leap and tried to ask for Raven via proclamation, meeting him at the streams that ripple across the Northern farms.
I’m safe, he understood the situation I explained.
That’s greatly appreciated.
No danger from that side.

The rest of the day continued in the way of dodging and careful ballet of words and half-told phrases. This field of work surely is exhausting, nothing I’ve been doing before could’ve gotten me ready for it.

I received a reply from Aardyn, his signature brought a faint smile which I must thank him for later, perhaps in a form of a shotglass over the topic I’m meant to discuss with him - the fate of Voust family and estate.
I’d like to ask for his assistance on coming to the estate, I could get the House’s lodgers and legal papers from there and bring them back to Hadrian for examination of the deal funds lost. There’s not much guidance or details on the task list, so I have to paint in broad streaks for now.
--- Quote ---Lady Zahirra,

As always, I am open to talk about potential jobs. Our door is always open, whenever you feel like dropping in. I know Grano would enjoy a change in scenery, from my ugly mug. Should I be out and about while you pop in, you can inquire with any of our council members about Society hiring, though I do have a personal score to settle with the blood sucker. Come by. Our taps are always chilled and Grano pours a mean one.

Best regards,

Ladyman
--- End quote ---

Unable to be actually productive despite being almost as busy as the Judge of Souls, I stashed the papers into a file, went to make some small adjustments to my leisure clothes - for when the snow finally thaws - and then I went to look for my dragon in hopes of letting the stress fall away in a good way - and not by hiding away with a bottle and tears.
I met Lenna, an elven fighter, it seemed. She asked me for a help with picking clothes - and there are very little better ways to unwind,
so of course I went with her!
Though, I was seemingly having a cursed heck of a day, as the dragon was ‘nowhere to be found’ - in other words, elusive and hiding away from everyone, likely right close by. I can’t tell I didn’t feel let down by that, as well by the call after. Fortunately, being open and actually voicing my concerns proved to help. Even before that, he apologized on his own, and said that it’s easy to find a better company than he is.
Unexpected of him to say.
However, what he said is true, and yet isn’t. As he’s far too special to be comparable to others, a fountain of calm, and the only one I don’t feel like is just an eagle, waiting for an opening to strike, nor a vulture, waiting for the above to happen and then joining on the feast. Even if it's someone burdened to this extent the one I feel this with, I won't back out. After all, I'm not much less of a fuckup too.

The day ended in a gentle cuddle, and I admit, a little cry. He needed me, just like I needed him.
And... he told me something that made me sure of this.
That I want this.

Ritu:

The position of a House Mage piqued Minerva’s interest, now to see whether she gets accepted with her origin and little expertise, starting as an Initiate. In my estimate it would be welcome though, as the House can have her shape her skills exactly to its needs and wants. Opportunity to study, enchant items and… experiment seemed of interest to her too.

I met with Overseer Morriman, and got a unique scroll out of the deal - Prismatic Spray, only for a bit over two thousand. I need to keep my finances in check better. Fortunately the other scroll came as a present from Uldur upon hearing of my enchantment goal. Besides the diamonds, I’ll have Meleghost use an emerald..
the one that reminds -him- of my eyes.

Another day, another new face, and so it happens I met Dameraxia, a dark-skinned, attractive woman. Another mage apparently, pixie companion. She’s of a noble origin, confident. She fit well with Minerva and Radriel, so I took my time listening to them all, thinking of other things in for once peaceful environment of the Society Pub.

After everything was done, I spent majority of my free time together with Sjach.
We were resting, wrapped in a thick blanket, near the fireplace.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version