18 Apr 24, 22:50 pm » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Non-Adventures of Ser Stumbldworf  (Read 4830 times)

FuntimeFrabjous

• Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
The Non-Adventures of Ser Stumbldworf
« on: October 20, 2019, 08:14:41 am »
Around Hadrian and rarely ever actually out amongst all of the other adventurers is one that, by all self-admission; really does not fit in.
Some might see her wandering around every once in a while, over-burdened by much over-stuffed sack.
Actually out fighting? Not so much.
Unless one considers every stroke of brush, or quill, as part of the battle.

Hello Diary,
My name is Ser Stumbldworf; Knight of the Pale Moon! Who chose me because of my impracticality, of that I am most certain.
I am not very much of an adventurer. It took me until recently to learn how a sword is even held!
Did you know that the pointy end goes towards the enemy?! I did not!
That is because everybody likes to laugh at me when I hold it the wrong way, and I like it when everybody laughs.
I do not think there needs to be as much bloodshed as there is in the world; I think it is making things very sick.
Who is to say a goblin is all that threatening, really? When I met my first goblin, he stole my shoes only; but I suppose he probably needed them more than me.
I enjoyed walking barefoot for the rest of that day, Diary! It was a very nice day, and I hope the goblin got to show off his new boots to everyone.
I think people get embroiled within hate a little too much, and place too much threat on things that cannot help being threatening.
I like to think that it is not their fault that they are born so small, because I was born very small and I know what it is like.
Being unable to fight does not get you much respect in this world, but, I am at least fortunate in that I get to do other things than fight all day.
There is not so much fortune for the 'monsters' out there.
Anyway!
Hadrian is very lovely, although the people are very strange.
They have a bird-lady as a Mayor, did you know that?
I wonder if I grew wings, could I be Mayor too? Ha-ha!
That would be fun, I think.
At the moment though, there is a lot of work to be done instead I think.
Too many swards, not enough words!
I am going to try and find paint supplies now, Diary. Do not be offended that I use other things to practice my artwork, okay?
I only want to share my best with you so, I have a lot of practice to get to.
Speak to you later, Diary.
Goodbye.
-Ser S.

FuntimeFrabjous

• Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: The Non-Adventures of Ser Stumbldworf
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 08:23:12 pm »
After a particularly experience night out with her gang; The More Than Adequates; Ser Stumbldworf can be spotted from place to place scribbling away, much too busy with paper and quill to afford anyone much of her time.

Dear Diary,

Last night I had what I think people around here call; a very lovely gang-bang.
Around we went, travelling as a gang, and banging on all of the monsters doors' did we go to invite them for some of the fun.
It was certainly a handful! I had to fight an almighty hydra with three heads at once!
I am very, very sore after my engagement with it; my every muscle still wound up tight and aching like never before.
That was my first proper adventure I think, Diary, and I do have to say that it was very lovely.
Especially the way I - Ser Stumbldworf - handled the almighty tri-beast all by myself, without any fear for the bones it was breaking inside of me.
I like to think it is down to my excellent strength of character and willingness to very much lead the charge that led my group to sharing their support with me, and punching away my injuries when they were too much.
Bright, brilliant flashes of white light each time I hit a very particular peak; one that I was very much not ready to meet.
Especially not multiple times.
I am looking forward to the upcoming festivals where I hear that they have animal-riding!
That is a very exciting prospect and, I have always wanted to ride a pony, or a donkey, or maybe even a horse - though I think the latter are much too big.
I often forget that I am quite small. I just envy the squire that gets to pet and play with them all day.
My adventure did not make me a lot of money though, so I will have to go and chase the piglets around for a while.
It is nice that they get to run around for a little while every now and then. It is always tempting to never actually catch them.
I do not feel like doing much work today though, Diary. Nor tonight.
Maybe a nice steam bath with bubbles and lots of tea will set me right.
It was a struggle to even get out of bed, my legs were so very sore and human beds are very big and comfortable.
Anyway, that is an update Diary. Just to let you know I did not forget about you.
Hopefully I will have some art soon. It is difficult trying to get my fingers to work properly.
Also, Diary? Now that I read this page back to myself? Uhm.
I hope nobody ever finds you. This would be very much embarrassing material for certain people out there.
Ha-ha~
Write to you again soon, Diary. Bye-bye.
-Blanc Ser Stumbldworf

It certainly took a while to write for the lounging hin, but once satisfied with her page, she hop-toddles back to the inn to enjoy the solitude of her room; coming down for snacks and tea every so often.
With mild regrets each time, for human stairs were a pain to climb!