20 Apr 24, 08:11 am » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Open for Ideas for a Community Week  (Read 26653 times)

Rainman

• Dungeon Master
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
Open for Ideas for a Community Week
« on: June 23, 2019, 01:41:04 pm »
Open for Ideas for a Community Week

We are looking to do a Community Week in the coming weeks. The date would be around 6th July to 14th July ( at this stage to give you any idea and when some of the team would be around ).

It would be targeting new players and characters to get involved in the server and factions.

Some of the current Ideas would be ...

- Easy of access to Subrace and Monster Application options

- Easy of access to Faction entry levels

- Special Story/Plot line ( holding back on details but would be seeking Neutral Alignments at this stage from NG > TN > NE )

So this is where we open it up to you guys, to tell us what you would like to see during this Community Week. Thoughts and ideas.

Please be clear and post in a positive nature

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 10:05:15 am by Rainman »
Build it and they will come.

Ritu

• Hero
  • Discord: Ritulienka#3945
    • View Profile
Re: Open for Ideas for a Community Week
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 04:23:22 pm »
Great bunch of ideas!

Maybe a trade & craftsmanship fair could be good, the traders could also have some better enchanted items available than regular stores have, to 'show off' their work. And players would get to spend something.
Full-on fair with a food stand and other sorts of stuff beside markets, ideally with zero "DM-management" necessity.
Festival map could be used, it might be a lot of fun and wholesome RP.

--

Sheri's true neutral, so if there's any way she will be able to help out with the 'neutral' line mentioned, let me know.
۞Iskvaeri Mai Traahen
☼Oxana Vulpeti
♫Charlotte Von Krall
♛Artemis Aurelia

Fiverine

• Developer
  • Demi-God
  • Repairer of Reputations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 01:35:23 am »
I would like to see a special loot item for the storyline that only the new characters would receive, just to encourage some new PCs for it.  A 'welcome to Hadrian' sort of item.  I would happily play Mayor Morgaine if required as a plot device (and as you know I love to welcome new arrivals  :) ).  Grano at the Adventurer's Society would make a great NPC to start a quest event.  Perhaps he could even be testing out young adventurers to see who has the stones to take over the running of the hall for him?

Some sort of incentive to encourage the new PCs to continue to cooperate would be wonderful.  Obviously the players must provide some of that themselves.  But I would love to see a new party of US or UK players cooperating as closely as our recently assembled Aussie one does. 

Like Sherina I would like to see the festival grounds get some use.  Could a greased up pig get loose again?  Could The Goliath return to challenge all comers?   ;D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 05:29:24 am by Fiverine »
"I just can't take no pleasure in killing. There's just some things you gotta do. Don't mean you have to like it."

Rainman

• Dungeon Master
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 09:15:33 am »
Great bunch of ideas!

Maybe a trade & craftsmanship fair could be good, the traders could also have some better enchanted items available than regular stores have, to 'show off' their work. And players would get to spend something.
Full-on fair with a food stand and other sorts of stuff beside markets, ideally with zero "DM-management" necessity.
Festival map could be used, it might be a lot of fun and wholesome RP.

--

Sheri's true neutral, so if there's any way she will be able to help out with the 'neutral' line mentioned, let me know.

Yeah I like that. We have the update in place for the Crafting Guild and some of the community building and putting ideas out on what to do with below the Crafting Guild. So I think we could do that. Maybe a Master Craftsman is visiting hte region?

Rainman

• Dungeon Master
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 09:17:02 am »
I would like to see a special loot item for the storyline that only the new characters would receive, just to encourage some new PCs for it.  A 'welcome to Hadrian' sort of item.  I would happily play Mayor Morgaine if required as a plot device (and as you know I love to welcome new arrivals  :) ).  Grano at the Adventurer's Society would make a great NPC to start a quest event.  Perhaps he could even be testing out young adventurers to see who has the stones to take over the running of the hall for him?

Some sort of incentive to encourage the new PCs to continue to cooperate would be wonderful.  Obviously the players must provide some of that themselves.  But I would love to see a new party of US or UK players cooperating as closely as our recently assembled Aussie one does. 

Like Sherina I would like to see the festival grounds get some use.  Could a greased up pig get loose again?  Could The Goliath return to challenge all comers?   ;D

Cool, come up with some items

Rainman

• Dungeon Master
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 01:42:41 pm »

Cool, come up with some items

Got some items for the Special Story/Plot line.

Need something, maybe a 1-3 items for new character pack.