_____
Sherina Tsirak

Southbank Farms Keeper | Item Enchanter | Nicknames: Sheri, Silver

Bloodied Blue Tulip___
Wedding Band
- "His Silver Queen"___
Journal Book________
===== ♡ =====BACKGROUND============
____With her parents being devoted followers of a distorted Mystril cult, she was being taught in the said closed-off community. As one of the first children of the community, she didn’t voluntarily enter the cult - she was born into it. And no one knew how to manage someone who didn’t share the same obsession as them - so they disciplined her, motivated her to dim down her innate magic abilities, and constructed tidious library studying sessions for the youth of the cult. Sheri decided to remember some facts about the subjects that interested her, since her mind couldn't grasp any spell teachings nor formulae.

She loves earning knowledge from books, even despite all she's been through. As a curious child nonetheless, she loved learning and exploring new things, often out of bounds of robed devotees. Has an open and creative mind, and tends to be crafty in any situation.

"The cult? While I couldn’t learn a single spell and had been often, as they called it, “disciplined”, I enjoyed the books about various creatures and stories. I also like the picture books with illustrations of rivers and nature, they help me get calm."

Being forced in the twisted way of fanatic knowledge seekers, the methods of gaining said skills were not always natural. Constructed magic-infused mechanisms and devices were tested and used, flooding the recipend's head with information.
Struggling with overwhelm, Shera gave in to her intuition and created a place to store all she never needed. As she practised voluntary forgetting, the skill grew, the often-called-upon element became real somewhere within her.
And the forgetting system started to work perfectly.

____Though, as she years later realised, by the time she started losing interest in more and more things, and at times feels nothing at all.

This was not anything she ever heard of. At first she assumed it was sadness, but it wasn’t. It wasn’t anything. It persisted long after she escaped and began wandering villages, working at fields and later as a helper in a bakery.

Not sure how to fill the emptiness and manage this feeling, she just wasted time… Until there came something exciting, a thing to train for and look forward to - a call for people of the glorious lands under the rule of Netheril to move into new denizens, and help establish a flourishing community.

"I had to do something to make me forget. Having my head throbbing full of some things I couldn’t grasp to use…
That’s why I had to escape. Because the older I got, the harsher the punishments became. No one had patience, no one knew what to do with me. I was in a grey area, where I could clearly cast spells, but it was happening spontaneously. And so rarely, with no ties to the regular kind of knowledge. The fact they kept me alive was the lowest level of tolerance."

Sherina didn’t have to think twice. This is her last chance to discover her purpose in life.

STORY SUMMARY

ARC 1 - Maiden of Shadows
____Sherina Tsirak finally arrived to the new region, new town - Hadrian. Getting to know people and the land, she had discovered there is more darkness hiding just along the edge of what the eye can see - Red Mist, corruption, tragedy…
Making many friends due to her kind and warm nature, there was someone truly special. Yet she didn’t know she is going to end up married to a man whose first interaction with her was to GROWL at her in annoyance. She then kept being kind and understanding, to the point Michael could not understand why. That made her determined to show him that the world can be a nice place, as he seemed to need a light to see to colors of the world. So she became one.
By the time, Michael went insane from the skull artifact he possessed, assaulted officials who wanted to put him in a death pit - asylum, one that does not help anyone feel better, built by a vampire lord, probably as a fodder space.

Sheri spent her days waiting and mourning, until Morgaine dragged her out for a girl’s night out. After that she promised Sheri that she is going to send out a rescue mission to find Michael. Thanks to Fjord, Sheri had discovered that none such mission has ever been planned. She had been lied to by a person she thought was a genuine friend. So she left instantly, packing nothing extra, left to search for him. From the Fort Tusk through Shelf, to, finally, the Sullivans Trading Port.

There she found him, Michael tired and pale, exhausted, like a scared child.
He instantly recognised her, even though Morgaine has tried to persuade her that he no longer is a man Sheri knows. Another lies to keep her away from a friend who direly needed help. And the first thing that ‘monster’ did was to give Sheri red, enchanted boots - those she wears ever since.
She brought one pretty thing to remind him of the beauty of the world - one single blooming blue tulip, which later became a symbol of her love to him. Now she had became his carer, working day to day, constantly and relentlessly, to help bring him back to health. It wasn’t eay, it was a difficult journey. But, slowly, by the time… She fell in love with him. And based on what he told her later when she asked, he loved her ever since the Sullivans too. The cuddle under a tree was the moment she knew for sure.
Later on he gave up the artifacts and they could move back to Hadrian, where Michael spent much of his time farming and recovering. They went on many adventures and helped the people many times - and yet, received no thanks. She even met a bronze dragoness on her quests to help the city.
Eventually they met new friends, the true friends, and Michael had made friends too. Some of those friends were Muthari, the cleric and Uldur, the spellsword, who had served as a priest and a best man on Sheri and Michael’s wedding. The wedding that almost didn’t happen due to Michael’s uncontrolled rage, but he survived in the court so everything ended up being alright.

Happiness unbound filled their days, though the darkest cloud of all hung above their heads - Sheri’s ‘shadow taint’. Spreading a bit every day, changing her body and her magic.
Their friends went on to help her, the clock ticking by as it was almost beyind the point of a simple arm removal. Despite all the effort and possibilities, Michael ended up doing the worst thing imaginable, just a day before they’d be able to try all the other methods.
He had sold his soul to a cruel, vile devil lord, in return for Sheri’s returned health. After that he apparently hurt Vivili and the child of the devil she carried, and the devil shredded Michael to pieces… It broke Sheri’s heart and will, leaving her shattered and scarred both on body and on mind. She knows he is still somewhere out there, in the form of a baatezu larvae, and later will emerge and fight in the blood war.
If only there was a way to bring him back... to turn back time.

"Michael Copperfield. My partner, my chosen mate, my one love, my iron wall. You are the love of my life, the protector of the people of Hadrian, the hero no one expected. My everlasting shield. I love you and will always do, just as I did through any hardships we had to endure together.
This will continue. On and on. I will stay with you as long as I’m alive, in any shape or form. I’m yours and you’re mine.
I will be your silver dagger, your fire spark, your hand of shadows, the open embrace, the sky blue silk. I shall support you, defend you and protect you, for as long as I will exist.
I love you, Michael. Let’s be together under the blessings of the stars."
                                                                                                               - Sherina's Wedding Vow to Michael

ARC 2 - New Spark
____After Michael’s sudden and tragic death, Sheri has been trying to find her strength. With the support of her friends, she managed to prevail, staying among the living, spending her love on those who’ve helped her. Her main duties now involve management of the Harvest Moon charity and being an official guard-spellmaiden of the Mayor.

Through plentiful hugs and small affections, her strength and soul gets restored… Though she will never be the same again.

“Consider that feeling as Michael blessing you with the will to live… And live.”
-Ash Aardyn

( Arc currently running. )

===== ♡ =====Other resources and snippets============
____
Sherina is allergic to potions (changed to ALL), and cannot learn blacksmithing.

Five Languages of Love
CLICK‣
SpoilerSheri's careful, but full of love and appreciation for anyone who shows a care for her. As in her early weeks, she's caring about Mike, doing things out of her way to help him handle his troublesome times, and declines to abandon him even when it all looks hopeless. Just because she appreciated his unique approach to things, and the glimpse of what lies under the stern exterior. And since he's always been protecting her, she feels a great debt towards him in a way. If it all came to a standoff, she would either prefer to not choose sides and enchants everyone for protection, or side with Mike as soon as his life would be on the line. Of course there's a time for all this, and how each of the character will act further is a big variable in her whole behavior.

As kind as she is, when the border is crossed, there's barely any return. Since her magic as a sorceress reacts to her emotion as well, the harmful spells are also stronger towards those she's cold towards. And with her shadow drama around the corner...

SO, her LL stats:
9   Quality Time
8   Physical Touch
6   Words of Affirmation
4   Acts of Service
3   Receiving Gifts

Quality Time
Sheri loves to spend time with her friends in any way possible, preferably pleasant. Having someone to just have a nice time together with no monsters involved is very refreshing and dearly important to her. As even amidst of all dangers, there's this pool of happiness she can draw her motivation from. And since she story-wise will gradually care about less and less things, the importance of meeting up and actually being together, interacting with each other with honestly and either platonic, comrade or romantic love, is one of the largest pillars that hold her against her complete shadow corruption.

Physical Touch
She's affectionate, most of the PC who met her and got to know her know this. She won't bother anyone if she's unsure about their standing towards her affection, but sometimes she acts and hopes for the best. (e.g. All her free time with Pattie, Michael's harsher 'episodes', Lady Mayor's painful memories, an affectionate peck on the cheek for Cutter to thank him... )
SImply - a small hugger bun. With protective, often touch-range based protective sorceries.

Words of Affirmation
Hearing she did something well has been rare in her past, and receiving any kind of praise makes her enormously happy and grateful. Especially the praise well thought-of, the one that comes from the heart and stays in her memory. (e.g. Mike's lovely "dagger" speech after she magically helped him defeat something he couldn't simply chop up with his axe.)*
She also loves giving praise, however sometimes is reluctant in fear it will become awkward.

* Unfortunately I didn't screenshot it, I wish I did. Sheri felt 'meh' for having to be protected for the entire run. Mike stepped in and told her about the fact her magic helped a lot, and that - "A dagger is very small but has its uses"  "And only a dagger can get behind the enemy armor."

Acts of Service
Being helpful is a big thing for her as well, though not as major on the receiving end. She does things because she enjoys being useful and contributing to the good. However when needing something from someone she's helped to in the past, she likes to trust the person to return the favor.

Receiving Gifts
She cannot carry much anyways. Even though any present is appreciated, a well thought-out one is the one to go for. Or something that's just a lovely surprise. Practical aid is also good, but more in connection to missions and that the person cares about her safety.
Her presents are not frequent, and happen only when she finds something that reminds her of the person (e.g. She's seen Three with a book for seeral times, so as soon as it came to her mind, she gave it the book of stories she found on her adventures. And boy, did she celebrate within, seeing Three's joy.)

Sherina's Last Will ( DMs please do not be tempted :D )
SpoilerPlease build my memorial in the Chasm near Southbank, with a sentence or two from each of my friends and close ones.
My body is to be donated to Master Arcanist Cashand Joriin for the purpose of research.
Any real estate and land is to be given to Shi Lei.
The leadership of the Silver Shield goes to Silvia Marrow.
My equipment is to be be given into care of Silvia Marrow or Ashram Aardyn to be later donated to a budding, kind and gentle soul in need of such.
All the funds in my possession are to be spent as follows:
One half of the funds will go to the treasury of the Silver Shield to cover any later expenses.
Other half will go towards building a public, lush and flowery park where anyone can rest and regain their peace.
The revenue from my book/s is to be added to the monthly funding of the Silver Shield.

===== ♡ =====Gallery============
SpoilerARC 1

ARC 2

Books
-------

Tsirak's Observances and Studies of Patrician Wyverns

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------visual resources

Ritu:
________

New Connections

#1 While getting to know two of the local adventurers, suddenly an emergency town announcer noted everyone of a spreading Red Mist - right at the gates of Hadrian, at the Eastern Fields! Any citizens were prohibited from exiting the town until things get under control. The adventurers headed on into the core of the problem, right before the gates closed...

CLICK SpoilerI followed the experienced duo, to see if I might be of help with my, though unofficial, arcane knowledge. And if it's something devilish, Pattie might be of help since she can better identify and withstand negative energies.

Frightened farmer lady at the eastern farms has been doing her best to tell us as much information as she could. Michael being his usual self, I took on the gentle role of calming down a person who just lost everything. She managed to pull herself together and managed to show us the mutiliated sheep corpses, as well as the strange, vile-feeling mist area.

While investigating and taking security precautions, we've been attacked by distorted, shambling water creatures.

After things got safe, I summoned Pattie and kindly asked her to look around to find any source. Energy levels were mostly identical on the land. I guessed it could be some gas ravine underwater, since I remember reading about these things back in my... well, birthplace library.
It made sense, since if the issue was on the land, it wouldn't cause the deep underwater creatures to mutate.
It had to be the water.

I asked my dogdog to take a little sip from the water, and her reaction and overwhelm told me a clear message: "Intense negative energy. Far too hurts, and travels through water. To down here. Love me I have been a good girl. Please."
I know Patpat is going to be alright, her system will get the negative effects sorted out in a few hours. The danger seems to be gone, and she can rest while we travel and investigate.

Later, after we determined the most likely location of the Red Mist source, I decided to take care of the poor farmer. I am glad I managed to get her into her house, and she told us a few more things. She's having it tough. I did my best to ensure her about our efforts in resolving the situation. Having found some wine earlier that day, I offered her the bottle to calm down the nerves so she can fall asleep.
I feel really bad for her, since she's reported it to the guards and no one came. I guess government doesn't change in this part of the Empire either.

We took a transport into a tiny town between the lush forests and a huge lake. Pattie being her usual self, tried to hunt down the crates in the vehicle and then barked at the boat. I usually let her do her thing, it's a wild creature after all.

Through the dark forest paths, we entered a deep forest that clearly was not healthy. Red haze clouding our view, we marched onward through the undead hordes. The bad feeling got more intense, borderline terrifying. And then we got too close and I just... panicked, blacked out.
Thankfully, my new teammates didn't let me down, and Casper came to support me and help me go onward.
It's not like I could go back anyways.
Still, a monsoon of whispers and voices was clouding my head causing an intense headache. I could barely keep my eyes open for the pain.
I couldn't access the Weave, the source of magical powers for all spellcasters of my kind.
I could do nothing, absolutely nothing. We meandered across the slippery cliffs and narrow paths, until the voices disappeared.

We were at the coast. In a complete silence, that shocked our senses after the loud barrage and battles before.
Just a distant, soft ocean breeze. No one dared to breathe.

We had to eliminate severely mutated creatures from the coastline, some of which were so abhorrent my mind felt like split in two.
I'm too young to deal with things of this scale... Netheril  has professional mages available, so why me? Not even an official sorcerer -
Oh.

As my mind got cleared of fear and anxiety, I found myself standing before something marvellous.
A crystal, as hish as two men, towered above the surrounding dunes and beach shrubbery. Emitting a faint green glow, it seemed to... repel the red mist?
Michael took a sample for their friends at the Enclave. After scurrying around, possibly for another crystal to prove our theory, we've found an abandoned, barricaded building.
We passed it since we were at the hurry, but -
- I noticed a familiar glisten right at the top of its roof.
There were two crystals! The same we've seen before!

No one could get inside at that moment. Besides, if the building hides answers or at least clues, we will definitely need reinforcements for that.

Now, I need to get a good bath and sleep. A lot.
And then heat up by the fireplace downstairs with a hot cup of herbal brew.

#2 Slept ba I don't feel so well rested today, probably the yesterday's events. With strange sun auras and the fierce plague, I got poisoned and had to hide under the blacksmith's staircase until the streets got clear.
I limply walked towards the inn at the docks, where I met Michael and Urias, the priest of Jannath. He cured and treated my wounds and poisoning, and offered me to join them on a quest.

CLICK Spoiler
We visited a local Archdruid, whom advised us and who needed our help. We've also told him about the crystals we've found.
We've been entrusted a key and asked to bring fairy dust to the Fae Dragon living in a nearby cove. I've also donated health care supplies to the dragon, since they care about wounded and infected in that very cave.
I received a warm thank you and dusting in return. What a lovely creature.

We've gone to rest at the inn, and having a proper lunch after a day long hike to the druids' grove.
Michaels' behaviour was troublesome today, and I am overjoyed of knowing that Pip and Uriel also want to help.
Pip and I have done a looong thinking, and we came up with a ritual. Then we headed off to visit his birth village, a breathtaking and lush vale with a village of Hilltop.

Without me knowing, we've visited his master's house - the home of the lady Pearl. She did her best to advise us in all matters. I feel grateful, since Pip vouched for me - and we've met just a few hours ago.
It's lovely to meet so many people!
Oh, and he has a large cat familiar, of a name Hana... . I need to organise some familiar playtime together, I bet they would benefit from it.

I took the airship to the Valstiir, and since the library was closed at night, I headed off to an inn to sleep.
What an eventful day!

#3 ..

Ritu:
Adventuring is an Ordeal

#3 After quick breakfast of fruits, grains and tea, I went on to browse the local marketplace. Nothing of interest, unfortunately I still need a new shortsword, since I cannot use the one I have... the handle is weirdly crooked, as if meant to be held backward. Weird.
Anyways, I went into the Valstiir library and searched, searched and browsed the book register...

CLICK SpoilerOnly to find only one notion about dragons, and that was a dwarven legend of a fight against a white dragon - who are small and aggressive. No information about silver dragons anywhere...
What to do now?

#4 I visited the library again, today with much success, since I came during the opening hours.
Master Librarian is a lovely and kind man, was eager to help and even offered me to sit down and have some delicious Earl Gray tea. He helped me very much. I, determined to somehow pay back the favor, asked him how could I help. I love how considerate he was and didn't pry the confidant information about our mission to suppress and eliminate the Red Mist.

CLICK SpoilerHe suggested I can bring him any unique books, if I happen to find any on my travels. After that, he suggested something that surprised me - I CAN WORK AS A JUNIOR LIBRARIAN! I would love to do so, as soon as the danger is over. and I kindly told him that. Oh stars, how happy I'd be to work at such a place!

Finally, we agreed upon me getting two buckets of fish from the market. Head librarian worriedly told me, that it's gotten harder and harder to find fresh fish on the market.
Luckily enough, I got on the marketplace just in time to grab the fishes, as the Valstiir' fishmonger was almost out of stock.
Then I returned, librarian assistant helped me with dragging a huge bookcase ladder all the way to the aquarium, and then I carefully did the feeding.
I had to look away.

As I fed the fish, I didn't notice Michael snooping about the library! To be frank, it's one of the last places I'd expect him to show up in.
Even so, I did what I could to help him, he was searching for some artifact book, and got one of his.. bad times as he browsed one particular book about the deities of Netheril. Maybe I should mention that to Pip, next time we're toghether...
I tried to keep the mood high by reading him about unique sets of artifacts, he seems pretty fond of weapons. I' glad I could make him think about something else than all the troubles, at least for a while.
... I doubt he even considers me a companion, since we've met only a few days ago.
Despite all that, I'm willing to help.
Because no one did that for me when I needed it.
I should go back to writing about today.

Can't focus.

We went to the airship, where I was... interrogated? About why I'm trying to help.
I told Michael that it's nothing personal, and that I would help anyone who didn't harm me on purpose.
Which is truth.

He seems to be a bit more relaxed in my company, which hopefully does him well, given his state. He almost opened up today about the nature of this troubles.. and he'd probably told me, if i didn't mention Pip and others.

Anyways, down at the S.Coin I've met with Pip, while Michael drank. Alcohol.
We tried to plan something with the dragon information that we have, but because of someone who's gotten drunk in a blink of an eye, it was hard for Pip to focus and I felt like no one even cares about our mission.

And it's the second time it's been up to me to do something... And I despise being used. They live here longer, they know people and have connections.
I shouldn't move a finger next time they attempt to let me do all the work. I don't like being treated like this!
I probably should tell them if I have any troublesome feelings.

I got an idea of a beautiful shield with an elaborate design, but knew no one who could create such an artisan work.

Fortunately, after lounging around at the portside, a big tomcat went to me. I can't say no to fluffy cheeks, and somehow - I got to know his "master", so to say. Her name is Three... it's an off name, I guess it is not her birth one, rather a nickname. I didn't want to pry, since she seems of a gnomish origin.. she probably had it difficult even without me being nosy. And we're so different... On a first sight, I mean. She's all hoo-haw with her cleavage out, while I love to keep it modest and comfortable. To each their own, of course, I don't mind.

We had a pleasant chat, her companion name's Brexton. A spoiled cat through-and-through.
Anyways, Three suggested I send a message via the proclaimer, and also aided me in finding the artisan... supposedly by the name of Fjord.

He responded as soon as he finished one of his orders, and came to meet with us. A word gave a deal, and we agreed upon the shield - and later on exchanging my weird shortsword for one of his making.
We went to Valstiir gem store to buy a Topaz, and I gave him two Greenstones to etch into the tip of the shield as well.

The shield is to have a teardrop shape, with bronze hemming and hammered relief of a forest critters with a silhouette of a forest in the background.
He appreciated my design, and I'm so proud of that!

I pre-paid 200g, the topaz cost 417g and both greenstones cost maybe 20g in total.
After that, I returned to my room at the inn, falling into a nervous sleep. I have a bad feeling about boys not repaying me for the shield as we were supposed to...
I can always be alone, if it comes to that..

*page got wet here*

WHAT A DAY.
I'm exhausted, soaking wet, almost died twice, and risked my dignity.
My hand hurts from pulling the crossbow trigger too many times, so I hopefully get to keep it short.
I lounged around the Hadrian, later went to help some farmers with their chicken disappearances, and then came back. ALREADY DIRTY.

CLICK SpoilerThen I met Casper, who gave me the crystal shard for Pip, since he couldn't find him. Later a man appeared, of a name Cutter Browne, an attorney. We had the weirdest introduction drama ever, since Casp had me drink a potion that caused an allergic reaction. I almost got kissed, but I went into the temple where they cooled down the inflamed area, and the restoration spell started to work quicker.

Then we met up with Fjord, and went on the worst journey to find nonexistent stones.
And they slaughtered a whole lizardfolk village... Strange is they were hostile. The lizardfolk, I mean. Most likely a rebellion.

Then something happened, and I suddenly woke up lying on a forest floor - luckily, my companions were with me and mended my wounds. We headed on into the crypt portal, fought our way through, and discovered a strange, red smoking portal.
I tried to identify what it is and how we'd be able to dispel it, but it had a protection glyph I didn't notice and a bunch of burning skeletons appeared.

Later on, we had a vicious fight in a massive hall... someone suggested it might be, or might have been, a dragon's lair. Doesn't matter, no one lives there. I noticed an artifact safe. Casp couldn't open it, so I tried to use my feminine 6th sense to maybe find something - and i found a latch. Before we could preventively check for any traps, Fjort went ahead and pried the latch open with a sharp end of his warhammer.
Fortunately for us, no trap got triggered.

We returned to the town, beaten and filthy, and divided the loot. I've found a powerful magician armour, though it is too flashy for me - and definitely wouldn't help with staying safe from any sorcerer hunters.

After Casp and Fjord left to attend their own business, two of us stayed alone, in an inn apartment.
So I took the risk.
Told Cutter that he may stay with me for a chat if he'd like to do so, and I'll bath behind the screen. He agreed and ensured me of my safety.
It went well, we just talked. And he even helped me to pour out the dirty water from the tub!
I think I can trust him and in his sense of dignity.

Anyways, off to bed. Oh, and he agreed to teach me how to aim with a crossbow!

Ritu:
The Seed and the Shield

#6 My help was needed on the fields around the town, because ever since red mist took the river, fishermen are almost unable to catch any fresh fish. The silos arere running low, and with a possibility of refugees from the mist-affected areas... I had to help.
So I was sweating around, tilling the soil, watering and planting new crops.

CLICK SpoilerAs I took several batches of wool for the tents and blankets to the crafting hall and finished making yarn, I met Michael! Or, better say, he met me.
I was so focused on my work, I hope I didn't let him wait long.

Afterwards, we met with a mayor! Her name's lady Morgaine Pritchard, and she's a lovely bard. We had a long talk, and a tender moment. I am glad I managed to comfort her, even if only a little bit. Michael was being insensitive again.

Later I carried the balls of yarn into the storage area, had a long shower, tea, and checked on the farms if everything's going smoothly.

If I wait in the town, I'll be sure to meet with Pip today.
And I was right.

I went to read by the city pond, in front of the House Reschotti estate. After an hour or so, Pip sat next to me!
I told him everything.
And he told me a few things, about the ritual mainly. We'll be getting a ship from Mayor.
We bought a robe for Michael to dress him in, and then Pip suggested we do a favor for a woman whose house has been infested with wasps.

Tomorrow, we have to talk with a priest, talk with the planar warden in the magic store, and get the boat ready.
It's going to be a long day.

!! got woken up, I've been called to a House Skettus. I had a very... stressful talk with the lord of the house. I hope I did well. It seems we both have the safety of the town in mind. And he requested an information about dragons in the area. I didn't tell him about the Bronze dragon as it could interrupt our mission... Master Fjord, finish the shield already! We need to get the visit done as soon as possible.
We agreed to meet up once every week, so I can expect to be summoned quite often.
He also offered me a present, a beautiful light crossbow. I politely declined, saying I have my own and I shared the information because we are both concerned about the region's safety. I hope I did good.
Three mentioned me, that the house Skettus has very good relations with the Library of Valstiir. I think I need to ask the house lord before I accept the position of a junior librarian, just so I'm safe and everything's clear.

How am I supposed to fall asleep after this?!

Now I'm scared to even breathe. Oh, staaars! This is too much, I'e only been here FOR 6 DAYS AND NOW POLITICS.
I am good at hugging chicken and petting cats, not at interrogations and whatever. Oh heavens, and the worst thing is I'm scared to even tell my comrades. But if not soon, then when?
I have to push for the dragon mission to be done as soon as possible.

But, Three believes in me, that I can make it. Hopefully she is right. It was strange seeing such a bright and amazing person suddenly as a slave.
I bet she had a lovely birth name, before she was nicknamed 'Three'
I hope she's glad I'm not prying any information out of her.

I can't let anyone down... except I will. I'm not strong enough, anything enough. I'm just caring and curious.

#7 OOC honestly I barely remember :D
I didn't sleep well at all. As soon as the sun rose up, I was headed to the fields to work. Again.
Later that day I met Michael Copperfield, and we helped recover a stolen shipment from a flooded kuo-toa cave system. Michael, a strong vicious man he is, was protecting me all the way to the bottom.

CLICK SpoilerAnd surprisingly, only thanks to cantrips AND MY AWESOME SLUG, we successfully defeated the undersea creature that dwelled within.

I RECEIVED A PRAISE, OH YES. Michael's gotten a bit.. softer towards me? He pet Pattie today, and gave me a praise. "A dagger is small, but only dagger can sometimes get behind enemy's armor." He even decided to split the loot share equal.

I bought him a huge lunch, boy seemed to like the sweet cake. And two shots of strong spirits, since I remember he likes it. As a 'thank you' for, well, babysitting me, you could say. I'm not strong at all.
Oh, and he had several episodes but we made it work.

Later that day I met up with Pip, and thanks to my bribe (bye bye, fire opal) and looks, we managed to get the largest available boat easily with no hassle at all.
We also went to the temple, and Pip did an excellent job talking with the priest.

I'm supposed to find sage, willow and sassafrass to smudge the boat with.
I went on searching, and thanks to two helpful farmers I've been working with lately, I obtained all three plant bunches.

#8 I managed to get a hold on Fjord, so we discussed the shield once more. The bronze ore seems to be unavailable at the moment. And he needed more information about the mission. Ahh, I suppose there won't be many secrets left.

I met up with Cutter, but unfortunately, it started raining. We had to suspend our first crossbow lesson, which is very unfortunate. I still have the flower he gave me... I dried it at my room.

We spent a wholesome time at the hearth down at the inn instead, and got to know each other. He is indeed a lovely and interesting man.
I mentioned to him, that Fjord wished me to have fun on my... date. Cutter politely said he would like to date me if the opportunity had arised.

CLICK SpoilerAnd I don't ditch this possibility yet.
We have to spend more time together, but I admit I feel good in his company. We shall see how this goes.

Rain persisted long, and we departed to rest. Cutter had work to do in the morning, so the lesson has to wait further.

After the rain, I figured it might be good time to plant some crops.

As a reward for myself, I bought a work clothing (so I won't mess up my regular gear), and... a beautiful satin dress. Red and black. Since a certain someone told me that color combination suits me, I figured I might have something bold in my closet. I also got a matching pendant made, with petals of the dried black tulip encapsulated in a big, artificially-hardened faceted piece of cherry resin. And it's a good dress for any special occassion. Ahem.
A beautiful thing to lounge in, because I have to take a day off from this chaos pretty soon.
..now back to the field.

On my way back I met Three! We managed to chat a little bit before Pip came around as well, which meant work.
I ensured Three that I'd love to chat later, and gave her the catnip for Brexton I've been keeping since morning. And then I handed her a book I've found, since I see her read books on occasion... And I assume slaves can rarely buy their own literature.
She seemed happy at least. That's important.

Well, regarding Pip. We and Cutter did a scouting of an area that causes trouble for ship transports, we have to return later to wrap up the case.

Today's inn dinner menu was roasted potatoes with rosemary and herbs. Simple food, but very tasty.
I'm looking forward to the next broccoli and cheese soup... Pip seems to be intimidated by broccoli :D

As soon as the dire food situation passes, I might sew some fresh broccoli onto my robes to claim the alpha position of the group. For two minutes since Pip can certainly take more hits than me. He seems to have a sturdier build.

On my way here I bumped into a very elegantly masculine lady, or vice versa. Their name is Glenda, and they look very unique - in a good way! I've never seen an elegance matching muscles so well. They seem to be staying at the in too!
Their height makes them tower way above me. It seems to me they're even taller than Michael, but that can be a presence of hair. No one knows.

Stars, I miss Michael. Hope he's doing okay. The shipmaster's brother still didn't show up, so I hope it's going well and we will soon have the ship.
... now it struck me, couldn't we use the ship to get to the bronze dragon as well?

Ritu:
Breaking and Broken

#9  I've scheduled and attended a very long appointment with miss Mayor, talking about food related issues caused by the mist, and also about the safety of the rural settlements. She very much appreciates my thoughts and concerns, and I believe she will take a look on the matter soon.
I asked her about the help for our dragon mission as well, and we will be provided horses for faster travel.
She is always very kind to me.

CLICK SpoilerIn the afternoon I accompanied Pip to the Hilltop Village. He's been discussing some private matters with his master, so I spent the time exploring this beautiful gem of a village. I'm glad they're taking steps towards its preservation and safety.

As we were on our way to the docks, we met Cutter and Casper. Casper had other business, so it was just three of us again.
And in the light of this fact, we decided to continue our mission from the previous day - the stolen shipment.
We've all been fighting to the maximum of our powers, and together, we got the map and gold.

Upon our return, after we've been paid for the hard task we completed, Pip needed to get back to his shard research. After all, there's still the mist.
Fortunately, that made the perfect opportunity for my long-awaited crossbow training! Heavy crossbows are a tough business, and if one's so slim... You know how that goes. I'm glad I'm not smaller, otherwise the crossbow could've easily toppled me in the middle of battle.
Under Cutter's careful eye, it turned out that my form is acceptable, and my troubles with shaky supporting arm and gradual worsening of aim should be solved by training my upper body more.

I wonder if I should spare with Michael, that would be a quick trip to the ground.

That reminds me, I haven't seen him for days.
I hope the ship will get rented soon, I want him to feel better. He previously told me some people call him Iron Mike! What an adorable nickname, suits him well. If I wouldn't be scared he loses control and bites my head off, I would attempt to hug him as a thank-you for all the protecting he has to do near me. At least I bought him a meal last time, he seemed happy enough with it.
I need to be alive for the ritual, so we probably won't get to that. And I doubt he's into affectionate things, it's hard to say.
Hm.

Anyways~
Other flaw Cutter noticed is the lack of my confidence in my abilities. Which he decided to gradually cure with few praises a day.
After the training, we've discussed the payment for a little bit. And it came to an agreed-upon dinner in Valstiir. And my peck on the cheek as a pre-payment for now.
What a day.
I feel strangely good. Confidence sure feels nice.

I'm curious about the dinner, at least that's something I don't need to hurry for. A day out, with no fighting, no sweat, no weapons.

Back to my day-
We departed from the training grounds in Festivals' to the inn. We walked in silence, listening to the sounds of the birds getting ready for sleep. A nightfall.

And the time came for something I've been reluctant to do, but since it's just for me, I figured he might be the right person to show it to. He's the reason I gathered the courage to wear something like this, after all. A lovely red-and-black soft dress.
Haha, how funny it is that I'd be probably be buying a dress for the dinner anyways.
World turns many ways indeed.
But my heart was racing pretty wild, I can't say it wasn't. I don't remember ever wearing something so... bold? I felt like my cleavage is all around the place, which certainly added to the barrage of new feelings.

He was very supportive and appreciative both of the dress, and the pendant, which helped me calm down.
We spent a friendly evening together!

Michael took me to the theatre (it was empty, unfortunately), and seemed appreciative of my new attire. You have to look for his nice words, but as soon as you have an approximate idea, you can "translate" well. But... his mental health is sinking.
And has sunk.
I'm worthless.

Casper warned me about 14th legion. I've only heard stories up until now, but...
 Hey at least I left my room to help the farmers in the evening. We've been repairing plows and then I left to wander the fields, I can't have anyone talking to me. Not today.

CLICK SpoilerDo I have any reason to leave the room, except to fetch myself some water?

In the afternoon, lady Morgaine came to visit. She was deeply concerned about my state.

I'm glad she came.
I also openly told her, that if the expedition I might possibly be part of will hurt Michael even a teensy bit beyond personal defense, I'm going to fight by his side and defend him.
I owe him my life, after all.
I'm glad she understood. And I hope with all my heart I won't need to stand against any of my friends. Not only because they are stronger then me battle-wise, also for personal reasons. Violence is not a solution. Michael needs a safe place to get better.
I understand why he panicked back in the Skettus estate and attacked us. Locking someone on an island is not a solution.
And we cannot abandon him.

Morgaine helped me get back on my feet, we shared a girly hug,
and for the first time,
I put on my battle mage robes.

... which I had to go change out from, since Mayor Morgaine asked me to introduce her to a leader of local farmers. The best man I could think of was mr. Brown, the elder man who is respected among the villagers and farmers around Hadrian. He usually gives the orders and manages workers.
All went well, and somehow me and Morgaine went house shopping for me. There's an absolutely lovely house in the Eastern Farms, I'm so eager to move in! I never noticed it's for sale.
I was told to write an official letter to her assistant, Devlan.

Let's get it down sooner than later...

*a few scattered ink blotches*

Okay, that's done.
Oh right, she's helped me so much! I thought I won't be able to talk to people today at all, while she managed to brush all my stress and guilt away! After the farmlands visit, we've gone shopping. Or better say, I did.
Since she mentioned me that "she had to get used to wearing the red," a bunch of ideas flew through my mind. I asked her what colors she used to wear before, and they were all pretty monotone.

However, I, already had an idea.

With her majestic, silky red hair, a vibrant green and gold would match perfectly.

So I asked all the available seamstresses for help.

And BOY, DID IT PAID OFF!

The breathless, amazed expression of Morgaine made me smile with gratitude and joy. She looks amazing in the dress, even better than I hoped.
OF COURSE I got paid. She's doing me a favor - I ordered her to show this dress to Fjord, since there's something clearly going on between them. I assume they are not eager to start an official relationship, with Morgaine being the second youngest mayor and all.

So I just have to wait eagerly!

She also gave me a description of his face. Dark hair, dark eyes, a light stubble - She described him as pretty handsome, and I'm glad a woman in her position has someone to lean on. It's good.

...And this shifted the subject of our conversation towards dating. I've never been with anyone in my life, heck I never even kissed someone.
But helping someone with a date is so much of a lovely fun! Morgaine was quite surprised, to say the least.

Anyway, I decided to mention Cutter to her. I didn't say any name. Morgaine seemed excited, and wishes me a good man to spend time with. I like her, she's very kind. It must be difficult for someone like her to make any hard decisions mayors have to do from time to time.

I believe I helped her relax today.
She certainly helped me.

And asked for a report on my dinner with Cutter as well.
Girl talk is fun!

I'm heading back to sleep. I know Michael is alive, and Morgaine ensured me of me being called to help. That helps me rest.
Stars, thank you for today. Morgaine was a blessing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version