15 Sep 19, 08:01 am » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: What would you like to see on N:AoM?  (Read 316 times)

Vydaera

• Hadrian Initiative
  • Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: What would you like to see on N:AoM?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2019, 06:16:01 pm »
What about unique recipes for crafting as a reward for story arcs involving crafting or other professionals?

FOr example, the Elves of Nualla'n might teach someone who has gained their trust how to make Elven Chain or other finely crafted goods.

Kalcibone

• Hadrian Initiative
  • Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2019, 11:38:19 pm »
What about unique recipes for crafting as a reward for story arcs involving crafting or other professionals?

FOr example, the Elves of Nualla'n might teach someone who has gained their trust how to make Elven Chain or other finely crafted goods.

I could see this but id say it might be a special requirement item Dm given but is in the list already.

MiladyMouse

• Hadrian Initiative
  • Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2019, 02:32:31 pm »
Hello. Here are just a few random ideas I thought I would share.

ooh good idea... maybe a bounty collection on claws from mutant crabs?

A bounty system may be interesting. It would allow players to do something when there is a downtime or for veteran players to bring new players and/or character exploring. You could have bounties on plot monsters, like the mutated crabs, or special monsters that spawns in far to reach places and are more rewarding due to the higher danger getting them. You can either reward a specific amount, or a share per players in party to keep it fair. You could hunt monsters as well as wanted criminals.

More exploration XP markers? I am not certain how many there are, I do not get to explore much with my current character. This could be something veteran players do. Bring new characters exploring to find these markers. Perhaps these markers could open portals to random special areas and you need X amount of players in the party to open the portal?

Clearer instructions on crafting would be helpful. Like an instruction manual available IG maybe? (If there is such a thing already... maybe make it easier to find! Pretty Please!) I was fortunate enough to find players IG to explain it to me, but sometimes, there is no one available to teach you ICly without having to pester a player OOCly.

Random dungeons? This could be linked to the bounties and you actually have wanted criminals to hunt and the random dungeons are their lairs and hiding places.

Vydaera

• Hadrian Initiative
  • Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2019, 03:22:12 pm »
A dungeon out in the wilds that has different monsters every/every few resets could be cool. It would be a great place to test out new monsters or could be spiced up by using more than one enemy type, like bandits + trained bears, or skeletons + undead wasps (zomBEES!).

It would also break up the monotony of knowing the quest like the back of your hand and running it every single day.

Vydaera

• Hadrian Initiative
  • Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2019, 03:25:55 pm »
Remoooooooove level caps from quests... if you wanna stop awarding XP to people after a certain point, great! Mechanically sound and makes sense lore-wise, it's not as much of a challenge, why would you learn from it?

But it takes away opportunities for people to play together, and I think that's ultimately a bad thing. If this was a big MMO like WoW, I could see why level caps would be needed, but we are essentially several different friend circles that play D&D together, not masses of slavering internet trolls who need to be controlled by force.

Just my thoughts...