18 Apr 24, 11:48 am » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Loot Economy  (Read 11491 times)

edmaster44

• Citizen
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Loot Economy
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 06:34:01 am »
Randomized loot that selects random names, descriptions and properties from a sql table and distributes it based on cr or other easily manageable and controllable variables was a suggestion i added in the Discord and shall bring here.

Walrus Warwagon

• Noble
    • View Profile
Re: Loot Economy
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 01:14:01 pm »
While I agree with "+1 common -> +2 uncommon -> +3 rare" progression, there is a point for clarification. This is only my opinion as a player, but +2 should be available not only as loot. Let non-loot +2 have less bonuses than loot, let the price be very high (taking into account the players who save gold in the classical way and not by crafting, otherwise the price will be too high), let it be very hard to make. In some cases let it be a quasi-magical item. But give players a direct way to get it after predictable amount of time investment.
+2 does not reduce the value of divine and arcane buffs. +2 gives a chance to a fighter, while there is no one in the game to buff him. +2 is a good middle ground because it borders with lower and higher levels of enchantment. And if the problem is in the balance of monsters, and not balance of the items, then it may be worth starting the changes with the monsters? This will give a chance to introduce those monsters that should be in the setting, and to remove those who should not be here. Just my opinion as a player.  Sorry if my point of view is not clear, or the text is too muddled. English is not my forte.
Spoiler
Used handmade bomb to scatter drow priestess all over the place.
Insulted evil god in the face.
Drank the whole bottle of endless wine. Twice.
Killed big bad boss with a cantrip.