19 Apr 24, 16:23 pm » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fire Orc Quest  (Read 7991 times)

Sixstrings93

• Citizen
  • Derp
    • View Profile
Fire Orc Quest
« on: November 17, 2018, 03:53:08 pm »
THe mirror doesnt update your journal and you cannot complete the quest.

SpiffyHas

• Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Orc Quest
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 06:01:06 pm »
1. The traps on the bridge still do way to much damage. Remove them entirely if they cannot do less damage, or I can help provide a 1d6 fire dmg script for you guys. They are anti-fun.

2. The only things that spawned were Orc Champions, Or Scouts, and Lava Spitters, aside from the Orcan Firebreathers. Please adjust the encounters to allow for greater spawn variety. Orc Walls, Orc Fodder, and Orc Flankers should be appearing.

3. Orcan Firebreathers should have their mestil's acid sheathe removed and have it replaced with Elemental Fire Shield. Secondly, remove their chain lightning so as to encourage the use of the firebrand spell. They should use fire spells.

4. Bump the AB on the Lava Spitters. They do 10/5 AB, and anyone in the quest range will have 30+ ac consistently. If you can make it say, 15 AB, we're gold. Also remove the fire bolt they use, it bugs their AI after use and causes them stand there moronically.

5. If we can get UOABIGAIL Crafting to work with the mystic forge to check  your blacksmithing skill and roll a 1d20 to create a powerful weapon in the forge where the boss spawns, that'd be kickass as fuck.

6. That room with the Orcan Fireblade spawns Waaaaay to many Orcan Firebreathers. I intended to have only 2 spawn with the mini-boss, not 4+

7. Gold pay out should be over 1000 gold, it's an incredibly expensive quest as it is, I used 60+ cure serious potions and got back shit in supplies, really.

Rainman

• Dungeon Master
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 02:36:05 am »
THe mirror doesnt update your journal and you cannot complete the quest.

I am guessing the end boss doesn't have the Quest_ID but I will check

Spiffy I can fix most of that quickly
Build it and they will come.

Rainman

• Dungeon Master
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 04:33:19 am »
1. The traps on the bridge still do way to much damage. Remove them entirely if they cannot do less damage, or I can help provide a 1d6 fire dmg script for you guys. They are anti-fun.
- removed 3/4 of them and the average ones, leaving the odd minor Fire trap. See how that goes

2. The only things that spawned were Orc Champions, Or Scouts, and Lava Spitters, aside from the Orcan Firebreathers. Please adjust the encounters to allow for greater spawn variety. Orc Walls, Orc Fodder, and Orc Flankers should be appearing.
- Split the spawns to make this happen

3. Orcan Firebreathers should have their mestil's acid sheathe removed and have it replaced with Elemental Fire Shield. Secondly, remove their chain lightning so as to encourage the use of the firebrand spell. They should use fire spells.
- yeah sound good

4. Bump the AB on the Lava Spitters. They do 10/5 AB, and anyone in the quest range will have 30+ ac consistently. If you can make it say, 15 AB, we're gold. Also remove the fire bolt they use, it bugs their AI after use and causes them stand there moronically.
- Done

5. If we can get UOABIGAIL Crafting to work with the mystic forge to check  your blacksmithing skill and roll a 1d20 to create a powerful weapon in the forge where the boss spawns, that'd be kickass as fuck.
- Not me :)

6. That room with the Orcan Fireblade spawns Waaaaay to many Orcan Firebreathers. I intended to have only 2 spawn with the mini-boss, not 4+
- Done, it had 4 max, min 2

7. Gold pay out should be over 1000 gold, it's an incredibly expensive quest as it is, I used 60+ cure serious potions and got back shit in supplies, really.
- Done

Treasure found?

All changes in place as of next Update

Please revisit and provide feedback. Thanks in advance

SpiffyHas

• Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 09:42:12 am »
We didn't really spend much time looking for loot as we suffered greatly going to and leaving the quest.  ;D But as far as I can tell, you're guaranteed 3-5 GOOD pieces so it's worth it.

Sixstrings93

• Citizen
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 12:27:17 pm »
I can run a test run with some peeps on next reset if needed

Rainman

• Dungeon Master
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 03:05:57 pm »
I can run a test run with some peeps on next reset if needed

You will need to confirm an Update was done

Shantis

• Hero
  • qiip
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 03:17:51 pm »
An essential, really important suggestion of loot:

- Half-orc exclusive gear
- Monster race (orc) exclusive items

Because it's plausible to find special gear for half orcs playing this quest. Don't need to have a high chance to find, but the idea behind of finding an race-exclusive items for half-orcs here can make a fantastic difference for some players, by roleplay purpose,

Add some flavor text to lore this kind of item, and a Snacks smiles in the sky, for helping other half-orcs in this server.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 03:52:07 pm by Shantis »

SpiffyHas

• Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 04:07:54 pm »
i tried to make orc + dwarf themed loot for this quest. i might've gotten lazy with descriptions tho lol.