Player Forums > Feedback and Bugs

The Spell Nerf/Buff please thread

<< < (2/6) > >>

Ectheledhel:
You linked the 5E version.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/invisibilityGreater.htm - 3.5E version

Which has invisibility not break on attack. Which in NWN prevents targeting and so was balanced to give 50% concealment to account for this. In DnD PnP 3.5E every attack made from Greater Invisibility makes the target flat footed. It's also got a shorter duration.

I don't disagree that it needs a nerf. I just think we should be using the correct information to make these decisions.

Swifty Willownall:
Just to tag on. Not only does it make the creature you are attacking count as flat-footed, negating any dodge and DEX ac bonuses, it also gives the attacker a further +2 bonus to hit. Not only is Improved invis a very strong defensive buff, it also doubles as an offensive one too!

Ascended Mage:
Spell name: Clairaudience/clairvoyance
Nerf or Buff: Buff
Why it needs nerfed or buffed: Very short duration(round/level)
Suggested fix: Make it turn/level or fixed number of turns(10?)

Spell name: Shield of Faith
Why it needs nerfed or buffed: Short duration (turn/level)
Suggested fix: Make it hour/level. All other somewhat similar spells(magic vestment, mage armor, barkskin) have hour/level duration.

Spell name: Negative Energy Protection
Why it needs nerfed or buffed: Short duration (turn/level)
Suggested fix: Make it hour/level. (Why death ward have hour/level but this spell turn/level?  :'( )

Vaertai:
Just a thought to put out there as its wasnt mentioned. You do know that nerfing the conceal on invis is a major buff to anyone player or npc with blind fight right? You want a nerf to conceal but theres already one in the form of blind fight. Cuts conceal in half. Fig/rog has the option for it and mages can dispell it off. I dont see the gamebreaking needs a nerf thing here.

Edit: Melee class' in place of Fig/Rog

Vaertai:
Again. Blind Fight. As far as I know in the years of playing this game not one person I know of or played with regualrly took or used GV or EV for the concealment. It's for the DR and Immunities.

By your projections youre looking at

1-5% GV conceal vs BF
5-10% II vs BF
10% EV vs BF

Thats a way bigger nerf than intended eh?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version