25 Apr 24, 23:09 pm » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Research: Medical procedures & History of relations between Human and Elves  (Read 6644 times)

frohawk

• Arcanist
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
Chester Rutherford enters the library in search of books on medical procedures that have to do with a humanoid's brain. Mainly focusing on any books that have to do with extracting the brain or known doctors who perform such a procedure.

He also looks for the history books of the past relations between Human and Elves. Mainly focusing on conflicts between the two races that could still be on-going.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 03:39:30 pm by frohawk »

Violet De Camp

You find the following:

Spoiler
In regards to the medical procedures - You find absolutely nothing on the subject. Almost every single book you can get your hands on in regards to "medical procedures" have to do with the healing properties of magic and how magic has come to substitute the very old practice of actual natural medicine in Netheril. The only borderline natural medical practice is that of first aid, and even that has been proven to be outdone by anyone who has even the smallest amount of medical talent.

In regards to Humanoid brains - You find nothing that would suggest work has been done on extracting or surgical procedures of the brain. Again, most focus on mind control magics and how those can alter a person.

In regards to Elves - As far as you can tell, there has been no true "war" between humans and elves... Though there has been some long standing distrust between the two races for many millennia.

frohawk

• Arcanist
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
Chester frowns at the lack of information of medical procedures, but isn't surprised due to the abundance of magic in the world.

To do with the elves. Chester wonders if there is any mention of the cause of the distrust between the two races. He understands that anything can cause distrust, so he is looking for anything major.

Gmork

• Dungeon Master
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
Further research into the relations between the humans and the elves seem to subject the elves became jealous of the human's mastery of magic, surpassing their own feeble grasp on the subject.
"People who have no hope are easy to control"

Gorga

• Hero
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery
((As long as no one has an issue with it, I'm posting this here, since I was planning to have Chan research the same subject of surgical brain incisions. Can I assume he'd be met with the same lack of information? If so, Chan might make inquiries in other directions, namely certain more nefarious contacts on the Valstiir Shelf))

Gmork

• Dungeon Master
  • Demi-God
    • View Profile
((yes))
"People who have no hope are easy to control"