29 Apr 24, 15:44 pm » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Seeking Draconic Texts - Isle of Sauros (ATTN: Gmork)  (Read 5086 times)

Violet De Camp

Seeking Draconic Texts - Isle of Sauros (ATTN: Gmork)
« on: July 11, 2018, 02:42:24 am »
** The following is from the journal of Celebrithrade Dedralein after her successful return from excavating texts from the many ruined buildings on the Isle of Sauros. The books were collected from the many homes, towers, and even the keep itself. **

Spoiler
Now that the lizardfolk of the Isle of Sauros are weakened, searching for lost knowledge amongst the ruins becomes far safer and more effective. Even with a small group comprising of Arkelos (and his fairy Aubrey), Nica, Zilta, and Chester, we were able to move about the isle with little to no resistance.

We first checked the many abandoned buildings… Some were in better shape than others, though there were many shelves and chests containing books. I made sure to stow what I could in my magic knapsack, no matter how torn or damaged the tomes were.

The ones in the basement, however, were water damaged nearly beyond recognition… I doubt I will be able to recover much from these…

We then moved to the guard towers that littered the isle. Much like the basements of the other buildings, water damage was very apparent. However, I believe a few of the texts found in chests and on higher shelves can be salvaged and read.

We then moved to the keep after the other buildings had all been searched and the lizardfolk driven back into their holes. We started going through the front door, defeating their new chosen leader and swiftly dealing with their subordinates. Guess they haven’t learned who the true ruler of their kind is, hehe.

There were many chests that held a few small books… But the greatest find was at the end of the great hallway, where there were two massive bookshelves built into the wall, with the texts in pristine condition. I secured each and every one of them as we continued down into the lower levels and tunnels.

Down below, water damage was apparent… Not many more good texts to be recovered from there, save in a back room that was closed off. It seems the water didn’t damage that room too badly.

I will now be taking the time to pour over what I discovered… Hopefully, I can find something of the draconic knowledge I seek. I must find answers soon, lest I be distracted from my other duties as loremaster...