25 Apr 24, 23:14 pm » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Journal of Alun and Silas Blackwater  (Read 6161 times)

Eternally_Faithful

• Arcanist
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
Journal of Alun and Silas Blackwater
« on: August 08, 2018, 03:33:15 am »
Names: Alun and Silas Blackwater
Race: Aasimar (Respondent)
Eye Color: Pure silver, no pupils.
Hair color: Jet black, feathers growing through it
Wing color: White

Secret Background:

Neither brother knows when they were born, where they come from, or anything regarding their past missions, are they from the distant past? Or a future far beyond comprehension? They do not know. Only Selune knows and she is not telling. Unlike their Aasimar kin, they are known as sleepers, direct respondents of her will, woken only to serve, then return back to their slumber, their minds wiped of any and all information of that mission to keep them impartial, then woken when needed again. How long they have been alive, what their purpose is, what the future holds for these brothers, only Selune herself will ever truly know.

Known Background:

They appeared on a boat to Hadrian with a Hound Archon standing before them, their confusion briefly evident but strongly focused the moment they knew they had duties.

<Archon> Selune weeps for recent actions, you are to go to Hadrian, join the Swords there, and find out what is going on, and fix it. Those are your orders to complete, now go.

They looked to one another confused, moving to ask a question for clarification from the Archon, but he was already gone. Leaving the twins as confused as ever, and only to trust in Selunes will and guidance, as they stepped off the boat, and to the new world, they had much to learn quickly, and not much time to do it in.

//Approved by DM Blackheart
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 03:49:41 am by Eternally_Faithful »

Eternally_Faithful

• Arcanist
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Journal of Alun and Silas Blackwater
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 12:29:27 pm »
We have arrived in a place called Hadrian, this land seems very strange in its customs, ideals and laws, but me and my brother work to cope. Upon arrival we were quickly met by a Knight Errant of the Swords named Raul which enabled us to join very swiftly as per Selunes direct orders. I wasn't even fully initiated as a Squire when I found the first flaw, there was no code in place for the Knights. As I listened I found more and more that a code was urgently needed, emotional response and lack of coded structure had lead to the death of two of the others very recently, a "Snacks" and a "Rodregen".

During the first Knights meeting, I proposed my own code me and my brother already lived by, why we have or live by this code, I don't really know. Yet we both know it by heart and must live by it. Raul quickly and strongly approved of it, but as I believed, it needed to go to Dame Lucil. Upon meeting her she didn't seem so pleased that I didn't know whom she was, but then, I am not a Hound Archon and had never been introduced to her before this.

I think she wasn't sure what to make of twin Respondents standing before her or why we were there, I quickly explained such and brought up the code, she hesitated at first but with a bit of nudging she approved it and installed it officially among the Knights. So I can officially say step one is complete, as we continued speaking though, the topic came back to our fallen brothers. The Swords do /NOT/ seem pleased with their actions, and her anger and words suggest that they may have been stripped of their rank and prestige. Not entirely unheard of if their behavior was unfitting of a Knight.

The leader of the Swords outside the Dames seems to be Raul, this must be encouraged and pushed at the moment as a Knights Errant is rather limited in position and authority. Raul is acting the position of Knight because there is no one else. He does a very good job, though I think he struggles a bit to work through the code. He is still learning though, that every action and reaction of the Knights must be reflected through the code. If its not part of the code, and doesn't meet the standards, we must avoid it and consider different actions. I think he will struggle the most with upholding Virtue. Though it is my opinion that every Knight will struggle with one section of the Code, it is our duty to help them learn and grow with it.

So far people seem tight lipped about the behaviors of the Swords in general, making gathering information about crimes or sins they may have committed against Selunes ideals very difficult to try and fix. So for now while trying to gather information about them, we work as much to help the people of Hadrian and protect them. Fighting the darker evils and trying to bring as much peace, tolerance and acceptance to the land as we can while trying to also settle in ourselves for however long we will be here.

Eternally_Faithful

• Arcanist
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 09:10:21 pm »
the page is stained with tears, as though the writer was weeping when writing this

Selune, how can people be so cruel as to murder innocent children, me and my brother had gone to the Shelf to try and offer services there and found a scared parent seeking aid, on entering we held hope against the odds that the children were safe, yet, as we walked through, we kept stumbling upon their poor forms, brother saw to their final rights as I wept over the four we found, promising your wrath upon them for what they had done. When we entered the final area we saw two more children dead, and one body so damaged we couldn't tell if it was an adult or a child. We brought your wrath upon him, sending him to your judgement for these poor children who didn't deserve this. I pray you bring these children and their families comfort, for I will spend a long time grieving for their losses, as will my brother I am sure.

Eternally_Faithful

• Arcanist
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 11:50:15 am »
Phase two has been decided, though it will cost much in the way of gold. I am sure the Keep will approve the long term goal, a new Temple in Hadrian. In the eastern farms that the farmers and the children can retreat to if the undead or other things keep attacking. The house cost is fifteen thousand, though we intend to raise closer to fifty thousand to handle the house modifications to convert the first floor of the house to a full on temple to Selune, the second floor will be more for myself and my brother, a place to meditate and rest after missions. Then a dug out basement to act as a shelter in regards to a larger scale attack. The basement will have cots and blankets, a large stew pot, supplies and other necessities.

We will ask the keep to send a Cleric to be there more full time when me and my brother are out working for the better of the people, this will enable the people to seek medical help and comfort at any time without having to make a long trek in town and avoid perhaps some of the hustle and bustle if they are not comfortable in town. We are also going to do a bit of landscaping, rip down that old fence and plant trees, flowers and some other beautiful arrangements to make the site more welcoming.

With this, I think it will bring a great comfort to the people to know Selune is there and cares for their well being as well as perhaps raise the reputation of the Swords a bit as well. With these things in mind, our plan to go forward seems promising and I look forward to the work to put us there.