Player Forums > General Discussion

Step into the Future - Questions and Suggestions

<< < (2/7) > >>

Rainman:
Nothing else? we are starting to lock things down re Lore and systems.

I like to give you more but it will be all a surprise.

Some of you would have seen the new Invasion system working in game at the moment.

What would you like to see?

frohawk:
I know the idea of an endless dungeon has been passed around a lot. I still really like the idea and I am wondering if the invasion system is supposed to be NAoM's twist on it.

No one of consequence:
Some things I would like to see and some things I would not.
1) Few or no instanced dungeons. While this is a decent work-around on an overpopulated server where players are forced to compete for resources, it denies characters the chance to encounter each other while adventuring and make alliances/enemies. It also breaks immersion to not be able to enter an area for some vague reason.
2) Crafting. The payoff must be worth the time investment. It doesn't matter much if crafting produces end-game quality gear or just stuff to get a starting adventurer equipped, as long as it is worth the time it takes to get the materials and craft them into goods.
3) Applications. I don't like them. Not for classes, not for races. If the team doesn't like what a player is doing with a character, handle it after they have done it. Ban them. Give them stat decreases until they stop or quit. Whatever. Applications only create a sense of cronyism.
4) Clear guidelines on expectations of character behavior. By this I mean easily accessible information on the setting and how a character should behave within it. How character mechanical death should be handled. Social standing and it's benefits/responsibilities, etc.

Rainman:

--- Quote from: frohawk on May 04, 2020, 08:14:55 pm ---I know the idea of an endless dungeon has been passed around a lot. I still really like the idea and I am wondering if the invasion system is supposed to be NAoM's twist on it.

--- End quote ---

I have been working on 'The Hollows', which is a dungeon that doesn't require a quest and gets hard as you go down in levels. I have done two thus far and about 80% for the third one. It has skill checks, loot and different monster as you go along. We had some issues with the skill checks but I think that was fixed.

Re Invasion system, I have done a quest called 'Pied Piper' to test the system in a quest setup. Still currently in development but is in game being tested.

Rainman:

--- Quote from: No one of consequence on May 04, 2020, 09:19:12 pm ---
--- End quote ---
Some things I would like to see and some things I would not.

--- Quote ---1) Few or no instanced dungeons. While this is a decent work-around on an overpopulated server where players are forced to compete for resources, it denies characters the chance to encounter each other while adventuring and make alliances/enemies. It also breaks immersion to not be able to enter an area for some vague reason.
--- End quote ---

I don't see a change in the quest system, we have been and will moving forward have more exploration area. The quests are there to grow characters and set challenges that the character could complete and in some cases showcase or provide information on the server by moving the character area the different areas. I hope on am read your feedback right.

--- Quote ---2) Crafting. The payoff must be worth the time investment. It doesn't matter much if crafting produces end-game quality gear or just stuff to get a starting adventurer equipped, as long as it is worth the time it takes to get the materials and craft them into goods.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---3) Applications. I don't like them. Not for classes, not for races. If the team doesn't like what a player is doing with a character, handle it after they have done it. Ban them. Give them stat decreases until they stop or quit. Whatever. Applications only create a sense of cronyism.
--- End quote ---

There is a change in the Crafting system we will be using, though the current system is great it was unfinished and complicated with some crafting areas having little or no benefits to the character.

--- Quote ---4) Clear guidelines on expectations of character behavior. By this I mean easily accessible information on the setting and how a character should behave within it. How character mechanical death should be handled. Social standing and it's benefits/responsibilities, etc.
--- End quote ---

I believe we have this in place via the forums but if it needs to be more clear/updated and in one place we can do such.

Hope that helps

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version