05 May 24, 12:55 pm » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Netheril : Age of Magic

Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Groups & Concepts / Re: Southbanks rise!
« Last post by Master_Sarevok2021 on December 06, 2021, 10:35:13 pm »
I’d watch over this :)
Attrition:

While we focus on one part of the battle it is to be assumed that all around you there is battle of soldiers fighting and dying. In order to replicate the attrition of war we have a few ways of running.

The current  is what’s calculated immediately after the fighting in the fronts are done. For each remaining spawn, does a base set of damage per tier type. This amount is totaled and done as damage to the enemy armies troop strength and 1/3 for it to morale for the unit strength and morale assigned to that block. The damage is also divided by 1/3 and that 1/3 damage is done to your army to represent attrition from battle.

This system piece is up for debate to ensure fairness

Journals & Backgrounds / Re: Eliezra Baldwin's File
« Last post by Fiverine on December 05, 2021, 08:46:51 am »
I had my first encounter with the raiders of the army Lauriella warned me about.  They were pursuing some women fleeing from a village which the raiders had just torched.  They ignored my pleas to simply turn around and leave and made threats to drag me off and I was forced to fight them.  Though strong and resilient they bled like any other creature and I slew them.  I am told they are clones and mutants, bred for nothing but cruelty and war.  Yet, I must still offer them the chance to mend their ways even if none take it. 

A mage fairly new in town but personable, Kizurra the White, has also been trying to recruit me for the war.  She was more determined than Lauriella but I still refused.  I don't want to be on the frontlines, whether as a soldier or medic.  I need to be here in Conch to protect the shrine, Sister Mylene, and the people of Conch.  Already we have had refugees arriving in the slums so I need to continue gathering bandages and food for them while I still can.  We must give them support and hope lest in their desperation they be drawn to Diiri's Boys or the Kolumbos. 

It sounds as if another tournament will be held in the slums arena again soon.  Hopefully we can save a few poor souls from dissolving on the grate...
Public Notices / Re: Issues of the Conch Champion (For public reading)
« Last post by Fiverine on December 05, 2021, 06:25:11 am »
The Conch Champion.  Independent & Accurate, Always.

Exclusive Investigative Report
Reporter Peela Krellin has concluded an investigation into the strange artifacts known as "soulstones" or "soulgems".  I commend her courage and diligence in this matter.

-R. Hurstport, owner and acting editor.

Stealers of Souls
Those acquainted with magical artifacts will surely already know of or have encountered the unsettling items known as soulstones.  To the uneducated, one of these would seem to be a pretty gemstone of moderate value.  But in truth they are disturbing creations into which the soul and essence of a killed sentient creature has been bound.  Activating the stone will cause a magical effect, usually a physically enhancing one, but this can only be done three times.  On the third use, the stone will crumble and the soul bound within obliterated forever.  Most folk would consider such a deed utterly abhorrent, and yet increasingly these items are appearing in our markets.  So presumably some have no qualms about their use. 

The rulers of West Conch, Diiri's Boys, have effectively used these soulstones to seize and retain their dominance of the slums.  As District Authorities, that is entirely their right and their business.  But one would have to wonder if their use by the Boys has played a role in these once rare items being regularly found in the Conch area.  If the soulstones were to be entirely in the hands of their employees perhaps there would be little cause to worry, unless you were their enemy of course.  But increasingly soulstones are falling into other hands. 

A concerned parent recently wrote to this newspaper saying her child found one when collecting rocks.  The parent accidentally triggered the stone's power.  Initially confused, they were horrified when they took the soulstone to a priest who explained the nature of it.  The parent was frightened that someone would come after them or their child for having possession of and using such an item.  Adventurers have also been known to collect or carry soulstones, either to use them or hand them over to priests in hopes of releasing the trapped soul.  They have been finding soulstones in the possession of monsters and bandits.  Many sellers in the market district told this reporter that more soulstones than ever are being sold to them by adventurers, scavengers and traders.  Interestingly not all of these soulstones are genuine but many are. 

There is little consensus on how these soulstones are made, or by whom.  Evidently Diiri's Boys have some insight into their creation, but it is also likely that any powerful arcanist could learn the necessary artifice.  It is said that rival gangs are also seeking the secrets of their creation.  But should such cruelly created items be allowed in the possession of anyone outside District Authorities?  Do religious institutions have a responsibility to intervene when the destruction of souls is the ultimate result?  I make no judgement, but simply report these facts for the reader to decide.

-P. Krellin, reporter. 
Public Notices / Re: Rumours, Gossip and Whispers.. ((DM Posts Only))
« Last post by Master_Sarevok2021 on December 05, 2021, 06:22:53 am »
Rumors spread around the lands near Sullivan and beyond towards Conch and Hadrian. A new tribe of gnolls has appeared. They make no parley with Sullivan, though do not earn his ire either. Instead they hunt the woods and lands, butchering monsters, beasts and others of their kind from lesser tribes. One noticeable factor is that these gnoll stop to eat those they fight so that they might rush into battle with blood on their maws.

No one knows who leads these gnolls, but it is clear that the land will be changed by their arrival.
Troop spawns:

Unit blocks will spawn a number of their respective units on the front assigned. This will likely be a set amount for tier 1s based on 1d cr/1.2 + commander lvl rounded up. But we will probably change this. Still considering tier 2.

More info to come
Development Ideas - Feedback / Re: Monster/Creature Re-Balance
« Last post by Gorga on December 03, 2021, 04:17:58 pm »
The Wood of Witches should be scarier. It should be a place that no sane person would want to go. It needs scarier spawns, maybe some planar creatures as well.
Especially, the Coven/Caves area.
General Discussion / Retiring Lauriella
« Last post by Winterhawk99 on December 03, 2021, 02:47:15 pm »
     I will be retiring Lauriella very soon and finishing her story. I thank everyone who made her last server such a wonderful experience. I will be taking some time off from Nwn but will continue on discord.
     For my novel fans I will be working and finishing the last novel in the Childern of Hell trilogy and I will be making a fan fiction novel on Lauriella's life ventures throughout her life and career on Toril. I will be using some creative license as always when I write her book and will include all the pcs of others unless the players wish not to be in the book or books. (I am not sure I can present her entire life in just one book)
     If anyone does not want their character in this or these novels, or wants the name of their characters changed who interacted with Lauriella: Speak now or forever hold your peace. I do not want to put someone else's character in a novel who doesn't want their character within it.
     Everyone I played with and who dmed me were absolutely wonderful and I am honored to have known and played with you. I'll make a new character after I am finished with these novels.

Thank you all
       Winter
Public Notices / Re: Rumours, Gossip and Whispers.. ((DM Posts Only))
« Last post by Master_Sarevok2021 on December 02, 2021, 10:05:04 pm »
With the slow arrival of groups of refugees fleeing something called “The devil queen and her monsters” it is clear something is raising along the outskirts of Conch and other bastions of civilization.

For many of these refugees they find themselves pushed to the slums; of which the gangs both approve and resent as they get new members but so is their competition.

Still there is a slight light of hope. A cleric of Illmater and her congregation have been busily bringing in supplies to a well stocked soup kitchen and has become something of a tent town where beggars not wanting to join the gangs can at least have a warm meal and someplace safe.

Some of the gangs however grumble and speaking of “another gang coming up” when small shipments of clubs, sickles and a few lumber axes seem to be delivered to the slums under the eyes of the said cleric.
Divine strategies:

Castigate: deal 1d8 + 1/2 wisdom score damage to morale. If you worship a god who has the pain domain, you deal the damage to troop strength as well.

Lay on hands: Restore 1d8 + 1/2 wisdom score to troop strength. Healing domain doubles this.

Litany: Restores 1d8 + 1/2 wisdom score morale.

Raise/animate dead: If a front is lost, this will ensure that at least one unit block will survive and be retained by the army instead of being permanently destroyed. Clerics to elect to do either raise dead or animate which will instead spawn an undead unit block of equal tier to the one lost. (Mages can use this strategy too as an arcane but need spell focus necromancy and can only elect to use the animate dead version.)

Surge of faith: Recharge a strategy immediately. Takes 3 turns to recharge this strategy after use

Performance strategies:

Heroic ballad: All fronts regain morale at 1d6 + performance skill total.

There will be more to come as we go forward but here is a rough summary of what you have available
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10